Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with my lexmark s405 printer

Beans

help with my lexmark s405 printer

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie Im using ubuntu 12.04 and Im trying in install my lexmark s405 printer, but there's no drivers for it? please can you help me anyone........................?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: help with my lexmark s405 printer

Try the drivers for Ubuntu 11.04 and see if they work:
    http://support.lexmark.com/index?loc...INTERPRET_S405
    Cheesemill

Beans

Thanks mate I will try it.........

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have installed the drivers for 12.04 from support.lexmark.com, but they don't seem to work.
    I went to system settings > printing and followed the steps, the printer was identified but when I right click > properties it doesn't let me press the "print test page" button. Also, I tried printing a pdf and a doc file with no success.

Finally, I tried to update the firmware from support.lexmark.com, but their page doesn't seem to work properly: the necessary Firmware Download tool doesn't appear on the page.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by dsos30 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie Im using ubuntu 12.04 and Im trying in install my lexmark s405 printer, but there's no drivers for it? please can you help me anyone........................?
    Did you try the PPD for cups? Make sure you download the correct PPD (either 32-bit or 64-bit), then open up the printing preferences, add a printer, and when it asks for a driver, manually select the PPD, and a test page should print afterwards

Since it comes in a deb file, see if you can extract the deb, then extract the data.tar.gz. The PPD is in usr>local>lexmark>v3>etc
    Last edited by pissedoffdude; September 20th, 2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: deb file

Beans
    Distro

Hi pissedoffdude and thanks for the reply,

I followed your advise to manually direct to the ppd and now I'm able to click on the print test page, but still nothing prints. I open the print queue and it says "Processing" for a few secs and then "Stopped". Same thing when I try to print a doc.

So now I get "Stopped" instead of "Canceled" that I was getting before and I'm still not able to print.

Any ideas?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Rulius View Post
    Hi pissedoffdude and thanks for the reply,

I followed your advise to manually direct to the ppd and now I'm able to click on the print test page, but still nothing prints. I open the print queue and it says "Processing" for a few secs and then "Stopped". Same thing when I try to print a doc.

So now I get "Stopped" instead of "Canceled" that I was getting before and I'm still not able to print.

Any ideas?
    Dear all,
    Drivers and printing seems to work ok on kubuntu-12.04 though. I had the exact problems when working on linuxmint nadia.
    I'll get back to check on another version.

Beans
    Distro

The problem still remains for me.
    I print rarely, but when I do the only thing that works at the moment is virtual box and win7.

Beans
    Distro

I finally managed to make the printer work in the following way:

Used a windows pc to update the firmware of the printer. (I couldn't update the firmware with ubuntu as there was no communication between the system and the printer and with virtual box: even though I could print, when running the update firmware exe file the printer couldn't be found - I only use usb connection)

Anyway after updating the firmware of the printer and reinstalling the drivers from Lexmarks site, it is now working.

Beans

Which firmware version did you use? I've tried a couple, but still no luck. It says processing but never does, then stopped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast