Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unity: The Grandma Test

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Unity: The Grandma Test

I NEVER go into dash for anything. My most used apps are on my dock, and for system settings I just click my name. And the rare time I need to open an app that isn't on the dock, I hit the super key and type the first 2-3 letters and hit enter. There's no real need to go into dash or worry about what's there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen69 View Post
    I NEVER go into dash for anything.
    Me neither. It's just too slow, even on fast machines. I tend to launch everything through Synapse.

Beans

Since they changed the Dash home page I am finding myself using it a lot more. It's very useful having all your recent/frequently used stuff quickly available, especially if there's no more room on your launcher!

Kinda hoping they don't change things too much for the next release, but they no doubt will. It's a while away I suppose, and I do like the evolving nature of it, but compared to Shell, Unity changes are much more pronounced. Can't fault it though. Loving 12.04 so far.
    AMD Phenom X4 945, 4Gb Crucial 800Mhz DDR2 RAM, 1Tb SATA III HDD, nVidia 9800GT 512Mb

Beans
    Hidden!

Discussion about a certain application and the way it may pop up and cause concern... I have heard this before.

Thread moved to Recurring Discussions.

Come shoot the breeze with us on the Ubuntu Forums IRC channel - #ubuntuforums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12