Thread: stability test for GPU?

Beans

stability test for GPU?

Are there any tools to test GPU stability of an AMD GPU under Ubuntu? Usually these are used to test whether a certain overclock is stable. For one of my cards, I think it's unstable even at stock speed. But furmark, occt and all the similar tests are windows-only. How should I test this under Ubuntu?

Beans

Re: stability test for GPU?

uh, anyone?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by josephmills View Post
    Thanks... but what test should I use for this? I see dozens of tests with label "Graphics" but most tests seem to

1) show purely graphical/speed results, while I want to test correctness/stability (for computing reasons). My eye is not quick enough to notice a failed pixel in a fraction of a second, but computing results on these cards will be disturbed by this. So I would need something that does a bunch of computations and then verifies them to see if the GPU provided the correct results.

2) do not make clear whether they test ALL graphics cards, or just the first one. I need a test that can test all graphics cards (one by one is fine, e.g. first "test -gpu 0", then "test -gpu 1", etc.)

Which test should I be using for this?

(and as a side question: how should I view the test results? It asks me if I want to save, saying no quits the program, saying yes asks more info and then quits the program... how do I get the results of any test?)
    Last edited by P3t3r; May 3rd, 2012 at 11:06 AM.

Beans

For later reference: http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadUtils
    MemtestCL is a possible test. It's more aimed at memory than at shaders but ok, it'll have to do for now. Apparently one needs windows for a good shader test.