Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a good, linux compatible wireless adapter.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Looking for a good, linux compatible wireless adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Looking for a good, linux compatible wireless adapter. Preferably PCI-Express and fast.

Any suggestions and personal experiences.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Do what I did, and go to bestbuy or whatever and just try it.If it doesn't work, you bring it back. Then try another one.

I personally like going to newegg.com and reading reviews. Nothing beats newegg, and there's a few linux users there.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen69 View Post
    Do what I did, and go to bestbuy or whatever and just try it.If it doesn't work, you bring it back. Then try another one.

I personally like going to newegg.com and reading reviews. Nothing beats newegg, and there's a few linux users there.
    O' best buy.. Sadly I live 1 hour from the closest ones. Memphis and Tupelo locations. But happily newegg has a warehouse in Memphis so most items get overnighted even with standard 3 day shipping.. Sometimes a piece or two may come from Cali or Jersey, but 9 out of 10 items ship from the Memphis location for me.
    Mac Mini: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1.25TB Fusion Array, Intel HD4000 iGPU
    Photo Blog on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/ExodistPhotoBlog
    Linux User: 380654

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Trust in newegg. Just make sure people approve linux use.

Beans

Hey I just wanted to post I got that Rosewill wireless card in this afternoon and installed it without a single hic-up. Seems to be running good. Great signal strength, of course the router is 8ft away so it should.. Didnt even have to really do anything for it to start working. Gonna test this out for a while and see how she works and if she holds up.

Cheers,
    Joe
    Mac Mini: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1.25TB Fusion Array, Intel HD4000 iGPU
    Photo Blog on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/ExodistPhotoBlog
    Linux User: 380654

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12