Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Windows 8 - Now charging for DVD Playback

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Windows 8 - Now charging for DVD Playback

Quote Originally Posted by 23dornot23d View Post
    Holographic has been in the pipe line for long enough and some people have interactive
    setups touching and moving holographic objects in real time ...... not saying that is within reach yet -
    but would be interesting to see where they do head next with visual technology -
    they always appear to be knocking on the door of true 3D .... this was over one year ago
    so where are they now with this ......
    Wow! I've seen most of that before, but the 2 person display is pretty amazing. They have it to where the screen can be showing two different things to two different people, and because of head tracking, they will keep seeing the same thing even if they switch spots. That's pretty wild.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans

And imagine the implications for advertising .....

Each person is visually id'd and the adverts change to suit the person ...... now where did I see this before .....

Possibly in a Film ...... think it was Minority Report ..... where the adverts changed to suit the viewer ......

Always look for reasons why they would want to be able to do this ...... MONEY and marketing is driving what the designers do with the graphics ....

Wonder how long it will be before its included in real systems ..... would a DVD be able to hold the information and would a sensing device be able to give a number to a person and change the type of film to suit the persons likes based on their computer advertising and interests profile
    ( in the FUTURE = saved by one of the leading Search Engines ) ..... lols .....
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; May 7th, 2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Minority Report - thought it was Totall Recall but checked it ...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

no huge biggy, just dowload vlc if you use windows, problem solved

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Primefalcon View Post
    no huge biggy, just dowload vlc if you use windows, problem solved
    Again, until they do something similar to what they did in Windows 7 Beta, which literally disallowed third-party codecs (and software) to play desired video feeds. I know, I had the beta, and couldn't use stuff like Theora / Vorbis or encoding via ffmpeg via CamStudio. (Nor use ffmpeg for decoding via WMP.)
    AMD PII X6 @ 3.63 GHz - 16 GB DDR3 (1600 No OC) - ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    SB X-Fi 2 Sound (8ch) - Intel 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet - Win 8 Pro. x64
    AMD R HD 7950 (SAPPHIRE) - WD CG 500GB - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucradia View Post
    Again, until they do something similar to what they did in Windows 7 Beta, which literally disallowed third-party codecs (and software) to play desired video feeds. I know, I had the beta, and couldn't use stuff like Theora / Vorbis or encoding via ffmpeg via CamStudio. (Nor use ffmpeg for decoding via WMP.)
    As far as I know, it was only Windows Media Player that didn't allow it. They can't control what a 3rd party media player will allow.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    As far as I know, it was only Windows Media Player that didn't allow it. They can't control what a 3rd party media player will allow.
    It disallowed camstudio to encode though =/ Which means it had the power to disable at the codec level.
    AMD PII X6 @ 3.63 GHz - 16 GB DDR3 (1600 No OC) - ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    SB X-Fi 2 Sound (8ch) - Intel 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet - Win 8 Pro. x64
    AMD R HD 7950 (SAPPHIRE) - WD CG 500GB - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567