View Poll Results: Unity or GNOME 2

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unity

1 100.00%
  • GNOME 2

0 0%

Thread: Anyone else hate Unity, love GNOME 2?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Anyone else hate Unity, love GNOME 2?

First post, YAY!!!!

Just wanted to start a little discussion for people to post their opinions regarding Unity vs. GNOME 2. Personally I prefer GNOME 2 b/c it seems to run faster, be easier to use, plus I don't have to search for an app that I might not have in my dock. In GNOME 2, everything is right there under the applications menu.

Opinions???
    Last edited by iMurshaq; May 8th, 2012 at 04:12 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Anyone else hate Unity, love GNOME 2?

No doubt this thread will be swiftly relegated to 'Recurring Discussions' as there's a million threads about this. I use Xfce myself so Unity/Gnome ... not bothered.

PS: Welcome to the forums ...
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; May 8th, 2012 at 04:17 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

No actually. I hated Gnome 2 and never used it...always opting to go openbox or awesome or Compiz stand-alone. But after giving Unity a run for a couple of weeks I just could never go back to openbox or anything else. The keyboard shortcuts and the SUPER key dash/ALT key HUD/ALT+F2 command line is just too tasty for a guy like me.
    "The Linux philosophy is laugh in the face of danger. Oops. Wrong one. Do it yourself. That's it." --Linus Torvalds

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

PS. Gnome 2 is dead and buried under six feet of dirt already. It's been officially dead for over a year. Why are we even talking about it? You may as well go start a thread "Anyone else hate KDE 4.8, love KDE 3.5?" But you'd think that silly, right?
    "The Linux philosophy is laugh in the face of danger. Oops. Wrong one. Do it yourself. That's it." --Linus Torvalds

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi, welcome to the forums.

You should really use one of the other countless bazillion Gnome 2 vs Unity threads to voice your opinions.

For the sake of the forum servers, general sanity, world health and the universe itself.......

Closed.