Thread: Ubuntu in my pocket

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ubuntu in my pocket

My iPhone (3GS) is dying, and I've had enough of the restrictions imposed! I would LOVE a phone that could run Ubuntu natively, with the touch screen and everything else working correctley.

I've looked at a few web sites that have installed Ubuntu on htc phones, but their installations lack full functionality. Perhaps I'm living in an ideal world, but if the hardware did exist on the Market to have Ubuntu in my pocket I be interesting in purchasing it.

I live in the UK so if anyone has any UK specific information that would be good.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu in my pocket

Really, there are only two serious contenders for a smart-phone: iPhone and Android.

Canonical is bringing out Ubuntu for Android, a clever move. I don't know when it will be available, but I think your best bet is to wait for it.

http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android
    Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVSNIJs0lWw
    Always make regular backups of your data (and test them).
    Visit Full Circle Magazine for beginners and seasoned Linux enthusiasts.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Ubuntu in my pocket

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Landau View Post
    Really, there are only two serious contenders for a smart-phone: iPhone and Android.

Canonical is bringing out Ubuntu for Android, a clever move. I don't know when it will be available, but I think your best bet is to wait for it.

http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android
    Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVSNIJs0lWw
    I thought I was living in hope! The Unintu android device looks very promising, I'd be interested in looking at the details when its released.