Thread: the wireless WAS working... [12.04 MBPro 8,1]

Beans

Angry the wireless WAS working... [12.04 MBPro 8,1]

So, I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 on a MacBook Pro 8,1. I followed the instructions here word for word to get the wireless LAN working (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ma...eiric#Wireless). The only difference was that I installed linux-backports-modules-cw-3.3-precise-generic instead of linux-backports-modules-cw-3.2-oneiric-generic.

Worked really well. Well, one of my friends was using my computer, I think he became frustrated with Linux, and I guess he just pressed the power button and switched to Windows (I triple boot with Mac and Windows). I think that may have something to do with the problem-- the hard shutdown, I mean.

Well now whenever I boot up Ubuntu, my wireless doesn't work. It used to list connections, but now it says "disconnected". Even though "Enable wireless" is checked.

I have uninstalled all three relevant packages (mentioned in the how-to above) and reinstalled them, and then rebooted. No fix.

help!!
    Last edited by Samushighwind; May 3rd, 2012 at 06:19 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: the wireless WAS working... [12.04 MBPro 8,1]

Answered your other post in wireless. Please don't double post to separate subforums.