Thread: Ubuntu will not install

Beans

Ubuntu will not install

I have tried to Install Ubuntu several times in the last few months, none of which were successful. I have a Dell e-310 with Windows Vista, 2 gigs of ram, and over 90 gigs free on my hard drive.

My first attempt was trying to install using the "run with windows" option. It created the double operating system option, but when I selected Ubuntu, it would not work. I uninstalled it, but the option to select it is still there.

I then tried to install it with the burned CD. After putting it in the drive and restarting the computer, I booted from the CD only for it to say that there was nothing to boot from on the CD.

I then tried to install it from a USB drive. The loading screen came up but when ever it tries to install on the hard disk or run from the USB it shuts down after about 10 seconds. It gets passed the "unpacking" part. Sometimes it doesn't shut down, but the screen goes black. I thought maybe it was installing but after 15 minutes of a blank screen, I had to shut it down.

any tips on how to properly install it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Ubuntu will not install

Are you sure the cd and the usb stick are prepared correctly?

You need to burn the ISO image to the cd, not as a single file. You need to burn a cd with it, depending on the software you use the option name might differ.

After that it should boot correctly from cd. If the usb is prepared correctly, it should boot from it too.

When the Try Ubuntu or Install menu shows up, select Try and see if that loads the desktop without any problems.
    Darko.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 64bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

use Press f6 try the nomodeset option see if that gets you through ..

the issue you have from your first install you deleted you will stop getting the ubuntu windows boot option if you go to your boot ini file in windows and comment out the line for ubuntu ..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

And plug it in to an outlet, if you have a laptop.