• I have a different card

136 7.72%
Page 9 of 199 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Broadcom 4318 Wireless Cards

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: HOWTO: Broadcom 4318 Wireless Cards

Quote Originally Posted by black math
    Ok tried that and still nothing came up. If I look at the process list I can see nm-applet in there sleeping. This is something probaly pretty simple and im just overlooking something.
    It's an innocent looking icon by the clock, click it once and it pulls up a radio button list of interfaces.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Very good job....

I was using fwcutter successfully but could't get farther than 15 feet from my wireless router and would lose connection. Decided to try your script with ndiswrapper (I have successfully used ndiswrapper before as well but you made it very simple) and it works just like it is suppose to.
    =D>

Edit: For anyone else wanting to use this with Kubuntu 6.06. After running the script the only thing I personally had to do was disable eth0, open KDE Wireless Assistant, click on my wireless network and enter my WEP key.... Simple as that.

Again....great work!!
    Last edited by Silver Bullet; June 23rd, 2006 at 05:44 AM.

Beans

Arrgggh I still cant get network manager to work correctly. To make sure im doing this right I attached an image to make sure im clicking the right thing. If this is the right thing then I choose lo from the drop down and it doesnt see my network. I dont see a place to enter the WPA key.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Oops, that is the wrong button. Try this: right click on the empty area on one of the panels, click add to panel, and then choose notification area. Now look for or in the notification area that you just added. LEFT click that. LEFT click on the wireless network you want to connect to, and go

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Broadcom 4318 Wireless Cards AND HOWTO: Network Manager

Awsome - worked 1st try, no problems! You made my day.

Gateway MX6025 Laptop

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Beans

it works like a charme here... at least in general. but it doesnt come up on boot automagically... is there any way to do so? i already have all that wpa_supplicant stuff configured. /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf, /etc/network/interfaces and all that... but it doesnt come up automatically. i always have to call the adapter manually.

well, i checked few minutes ago. ndiswrapper is loaded, the acer_acpi is enabled, needed for my acer, but wpa_supplicant and dhclient arent called automatically. any hints?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thanks a lot!!!!! This didn't work exactly perfect, and I had to read through all the pages in the thread, but it DID work, so not my built-in wireless card work perfectly with WEP Encryption and just for fun I set up WPA and it works too!!! Acer 3004WLCI Laptop 8)

The only thing that is kind of annoying is a startup it is now asking for a keychain password, I tried all the system passwords I have, none worked but I hit 'Deny" and it goes away and the wireless works and it also asks for the WEP passphrase all the time, but I can live with this so long as the wireless works!!!!!

Also has anyone done this and updated the system? I'm wondering if it'll still work after an update? Thanks Alot!!!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Um...no...sorry. Like I said, I don't use wpa_supplicant, but if you do figure out how, post it here. I'd like to know. Good luck.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Hm...well at one point, it should've asked you to enter a password for the keychain thingy. Just out of wondering, what gave you trouble and made you read the whole thread? Hm...Well, good luck.

Beans

ok, so i re-installed ubuntu and booted into the liveCD, i noticed that my wireless card (eth1) is listed there, it will activate but does not seem to connect...i run iwconfig, it says 'accent point: invalid' for eth1.

i am using Ubuntu-amd64, what should i do next? ndiswrapper isn't installed, but i'm not sure which route to take...

Page 9 of 199 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast