136 7.72%
Page 54 of 199 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Broadcom 4318 Wireless Cards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: HOWTO: Broadcom 4318 Wireless Cards

Quote Originally Posted by bourne- View Post
    I described basically where I am at in the quoted part, a post I made just above.
    srry about that... anyways...try to install network-manager-gnome...(not from the repository tho (it is broken for edgy)) use the how-to located near the bottom of the page here. Note that i have added it to the new script but it requires a online install at the moment. Let me kow how it goes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by rekahsoft View Post
    srry about that... anyways...try to install network-manager-gnome...(not from the repository tho (it is broken for edgy)) use the how-to located near the bottom of the page here. Note that i have added it to the new script but it requires a online install at the moment. Let me kow how it goes.
    Its all good man, sorry I just didn't want to write all that out again lol
    Ok is this the fix that you are refering to? I do not have access at all on my desktop computer though. So if this requires me to go online I can't do it. And if this is the fix, do I just type all that code into a terminal one line at a time? Sorry I am still really new to linux so that looks really comfusing to me!

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    sudo apt-get build-dep network-manager
    sudo apt-get install cvs
    sudo apt-get remove network-manager
    cvs -d : pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome login #press <enter>
    cvs -d : pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome co NetworkManager
    cd NetworkManager
    ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
    make
    sudo make install

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Its all good man, sorry I just didn't want to write all that out again lol
    Ok is this the fix that you are refering to? I do not have access at all on my desktop computer though. So if this requires me to go online I can't do it. And if this is the fix, do I just type all that code into a terminal one line at a time? Sorry I am still really new to linux so that looks really comfusing to me!

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    sudo apt-get build-dep network-manager
    sudo apt-get install cvs
    sudo apt-get remove network-manager
    cvs -d : pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome login #press <enter>
    cvs -d : pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome co NetworkManager
    cd NetworkManager
    ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
    make
    sudo make install
    ok...i am going to add to the script so we can make the entire setup a offline setup if required. If you don't mind waiting a little while i code the new part/s of the script and test them then i can have it up in a day or so...if you want to do it manualy then i can help you out there too...it is up to you...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

ok...i am going to add to the script so we can make the entire setup a offline setup if required. If you don't mind waiting a little while i code the new part/s of the script and test them then i can have it up in a day or so...if you want to do it manualy then i can help you out there too...it is up to you...
    honestly anyway is fine with me. I would just really liek to get it working lol. Manually might be better because I could learn whats actually going on. So if I ever reformat and have the problem again hopefully I would be able to fix it! But whatever you suggest. Perhapes doing it manually might be to difficult for a beginner like myself. I do have access to internet on my laptop though and on my XP partition. So if there are files that I need to download I can download them and pure them to a CD and bring them up in ubuntu that way.

thanks for all the help thus far
    todd

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

honestly anyway is fine with me. I would just really liek to get it working lol. Manually might be better because I could learn whats actually going on. So if I ever reformat and have the problem again hopefully I would be able to fix it! But whatever you suggest. Perhapes doing it manually might be to difficult for a beginner like myself. I do have access to internet on my laptop though and on my XP partition. So if there are files that I need to download I can download them and pure them to a CD and bring them up in ubuntu that way.

thanks for all the help thus far
    todd
    well i am working on the script as we speak so it should be done pretty soon...maybe i can get a untested version out tonight...it will be setup so it can be a complete offline install...the only thing you will have to do is download the initial packages which is also done by the script.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

well i am working on the script as we speak so it should be done pretty soon...maybe i can get a untested version out tonight...it will be setup so it can be a complete offline install...the only thing you will have to do is download the initial packages which is also done by the script.
    sweet man I appreciate it!!

Can I download those initial packages on my laptop and transfer them over? because like I said I have no internet connection whatsoever in ubuntu. And I can't get one through hardwiring either due to my setup. so hopefully we can still get this to work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

hmmm..well...i just finished an edgy only script that has a fix discussed on bug 59983. Unforchunatly it is as of right now it is online only...i am working on how i can get it to be an offline install...give me tonight and hopefully i can have it done for you tomorrow...btw...do you have ndiswrapper working and the only problem is that gnome-network-manager is broken? Give me the output of this
    Code:
    ndiswrapper -l
    If it is just that gnome-network-manager is broken then it is possable that i could write you a little script and include all the files you need and email it to you...we will see...depends if ndiswrapper is working.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Maybe. try the 2.6.17-7 kernel.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

hmmm..well...i just finished an edgy only script that has a fix discussed on bug 59983. Unforchunatly it is as of right now it is online only...i am working on how i can get it to be an offline install...give me tonight and hopefully i can have it done for you tomorrow...btw...do you have ndiswrapper working and the only problem is that gnome-network-manager is broken? Give me the output of this
    Code:
    ndiswrapper -l
    If it is just that gnome-network-manager is broken then it is possable that i could write you a little script and include all the files you need and email it to you...we will see...depends if ndiswrapper is working.
    That sounds aweosme man. And as for ndiswrapper working I do believe that it is...but I will get that output for you by the end of the night.. I am just in the middle of something in windows so I can't shut down. But as soon as I can I will and I will get you that output!!
    But to my knowledge I do belive it is working. Although I am not 100% on what it is supposed to do exactly. But either way I will get oyu that output

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

all that
    Code:
    ndiswrapper -l
    does is show if ndiswrapper is working...you will see when you do it...anyway...i am gonna call it a noght...i will see what i will be doing for you in the morning acording to the output...

Page 54 of 199 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast