19 1.08%
  • I have a different card

136 7.72%
Page 170 of 199 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1981

Thread: HOWTO: Broadcom 4318 Wireless Cards

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Broadcom 4318 Wireless Cards

Confirm on HP nx6110 running Fiesty with 4318 Broadcom.

Beans

Hello...

First of all, thanks for this !!

I've been trying to make it work and managed to connect to open and WEP wireless networks.
    HOWEVER...I'd like to use WPA-PSK encription and it's not working. Network-manager hangs at "Wating for network key"

I have already tried wifi-radar without any luck....

What could be happening???

Thanks in advance !

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

network-manager does this sometimes... I can't help you. If you'd like to keep using network-manager, post a different thread, or you can try wicd (in my sig)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by compwiz18 View Post
    network-manager does this sometimes... I can't help you. If you'd like to keep using network-manager, post a different thread, or you can try wicd (in my sig)
    Okay, I'll try wicd !!!!

Beans

Wicd halts when getting the IP (or something like that) and gives up a bit later
    Any help??

Beans

Re: HOWTO/SCRIPT: Broadcom 4318 Wireless Cards

i dont really understand why you would need to put the CD in the drive first, i did it without the cd and it worked fine....unless you are assuming that a person didnt already have ndiswrapper installed but ndis isnt on most peoples cds they used to install fiesty anyways ndis isnt part of the fiest ISO at least it wasnt in mine. Some people i know had issues with this solution just because they thought ndis would install from the cd, it isnt on there so might as well just tell people to install using synaptic right off the bat.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: HOWTO/SCRIPT: Broadcom 4318 Wireless Cards

Quote Originally Posted by ckonrad View Post
    i dont really understand why you would need to put the CD in the drive first, i did it without the cd and it worked fine....unless you are assuming that a person didnt already have ndiswrapper installed but ndis isnt on most peoples cds they used to install fiesty anyways ndis isnt part of the fiest ISO at least it wasnt in mine. Some people i know had issues with this solution just because they thought ndis would install from the cd, it isnt on there so might as well just tell people to install using synaptic right off the bat.
    Some packages (I think both ndiswrapper ones) are on some people's CD, so if you don't put the CD in, it will hang. It is possible to remove the CD from the repository list, but it's more complicated then simply putting the CD in the drive.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Infomaniac View Post
    Wicd halts when getting the IP (or something like that) and gives up a bit later
    Any help??
    Sounds like you may have entered your encryption key wrong, or you router isn't responding to the request for an IP.

If you're using encryption, check the key. If you're not, post here and I'll give you a hand.

Beans

I'm pretty sure I've typed the correct key...tried it many many times.

And it "answers" with the IP for Windows..anyway, could I choose my IP in Wicd?? Does it NEEDS a DHCP server to work??(it IS working, but I could fix it just in case if wicd lets it)

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Yep, you can specify an IP in Wicd, just use the Advanced Settings boxes. Also, you can try putting quotes around your key, ie "key" instead of key. Sometimes that helps.

Page 170 of 199 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180 ... LastLast