Thread: DTS access

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

DTS access

Hi all,

First, kindly let me know if there is a better, more applicable forum for this question.

I am running Ubuntu 12.04, upgraded yesterday online.

I have had trouble accessing the DTS site with my CAC card, and hoped the upgrade would magically cure the problem, but, alas, it has not. I have Sun's version of java, which is required by DTS, rather than OpenJDK, and when I access the site, the applet starts, and then loads, but it does not proceed to load the content.

I made the mistake of deleting the security device, which is located at
    Code:
    /usr/lib/pkcs11/libcoolkeypk11.so
    , in my effort to fix the problem, and now I cannot load it again.When I try, Firefox locks up.

I run 64-bit, so I tried to install
    Code:
    /usr/lib64/pkcs11/libcoolkeypk11.so
    before I deleted the original, and it locked up then, too. Now I can't load either without Firefox locking up.

Can anyone give me an idea what to check for to get this going again? I have a voucher to submit, and can't get onto the site.

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer.
    <dc><

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: DTS access

OK, an update:

I installed a copy of firefox-9.0.1, at the recommendation of the technician at the DTS site help desk.

Even with the older version, I cannot load a new security device (coolkey). When I try, firefox crashes.

Does this new bit of info spark any replies? I am desperate...

Is there maybe some latent application that is interfering, that I can disable?

Thanks
    <dc><