Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Running GNOME Shell on top of Unity2D

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Re: Running GNOME Shell on top of Unity2D

Quote Originally Posted by cmcanulty View Post
    I cannot get the launcher at all now, anything else to try? I did increase the delay to 5 and logged out and restarted.
    That's strange. Doing the following should give you the launcher immediately, isn't it?

Code:
    killall unity-2d-shell
    unity-2d-shell
    You may want to reinstall unity-2d-shell if the above doesn't work Otherwise, wait for the new spin of mine which includes openbox session and unity-2d-shell of course.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I get a huge list of errors and no launcher

Code:
    cmcanulty@HPTech:~$ killall unity-2d-shell
    cmcanulty@HPTech:~$ unity-2d-shell
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] bool KeyMonitor::registerEvents(): Could not open device:  Virtual core pointer 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] bool KeyMonitor::registerEvents(): Could not open device:  Virtual core keyboard 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] static void WindowImageProvider::activateComposite(): Server supports the Composite extension (ver 0.4)
    unity-2d-shell: [WARNING] file:///usr/share/unity-2d/shell/launcher/Launcher.qml:224:39: Expected token `}'
    unity-2d-shell: [WARNING] Object::connect: No such signal Lenses::roleNamesChanged(QHash<int,QByteArray>) in /build/buildd/unity-2d-5.12.0/libunity-2d-private/src/qsortfilterproxymodelqml.cpp:65
    unity-2d-shell: [WARNING] void QSortFilterProxyModelQML::setSourceModelQObject(QObject*): received a sourceModel that does not notify of changes of its roleNames 
    unity-2d-shell: [WARNING] file:///usr/share/unity-2d/shell/hud/Hud.qml:145: TypeError: Result of expression 'shellManager.hudShell' [null] is not an object.
    unity-2d-shell: [WARNING] file:///usr/share/unity-2d/shell/launcher/LauncherLoader.qml:67: TypeError: Result of expression 'launcherLoader.item' [null] is not an object.
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Alt+F1" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Alt+F2" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+0" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+0" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+ퟀ" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+1" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+1" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+ퟀ" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+2" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+2" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+3" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+3" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+4" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+4" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+5" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+5" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+6" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+6" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+7" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+7" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+8" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+8" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+9" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+Shift+9" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+A" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+E" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+F" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+M" 
    unity-2d-shell: [DEBUG] virtual void Hotkey::connectNotify(const char*): Grabbing hotkey "Meta+V" 
    unity-2d-shell: [WARNING] file:///usr/share/unity-2d/shell/Shell.qml:312: TypeError: Result of expression 'launcherLoader.item' [null] is not an object.
    unity-2d-shell: [WARNING] file:///usr/share/unity-2d/shell/Shell.qml:312: TypeError: Result of expression 'launcherLoader.item' [null] is not an object.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

My best bet is to reinstall unity-2d-shell. I don't know if you're looking for a distro spin, but for you are having trouble with unity2d within gnome classic, you may want to take a look at what I've got so far (and maybe try it out when it is released ). Give me a way to contact you if you want to be notified when this comes out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPr7Z5B3V8c

Beans
    Distro

thanks that reinstall got it back.

Beans
    Distro

I guess the white bar when launcher disappears is a bug. It ran fine for a few days now issue is back so I will reinstall again.I can't put that function on our 10 library machines until it is less buggy.i spent a ton of time trying to get rid of the workplace switcher and now I guess I have to go through that again. It is really irritating that they have decided to not make that a right cl remove item. I don't like being force fed using something I don't need.
    Last edited by cmcanulty; November 18th, 2012 at 03:04 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234