Thread: Building source package and package

Beans

Building source package and package

Hi guys,

i tried to create source and package to submit into ubuntu package repository, i built the .deb package but they want from me some source package, could you please someone explain me how to build that source package or .deb package properly, i know that stuff like dh_make etc..

For example i have my project in directory Project:
    /project
    under that directory i have structure like this:
    /icons
    /config
    /database
    skript.pl
    If i issue now all that dh_make, i configure description etc...and then issue dbuild, it won't make me structure like should be for example that script.pl should be in /opt/project/bin/script, icons in /opt/project/icons etc.., where i should wrote commands to build appropriate structure, to makefile or to rules file or what, and if do you have some good book on this, because what i already saw on debian or ubuntu docs wasn't very helpful...it was too concise or too difficult and without comments, Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Building source package and package

Don't you just need to do 'debuild -S' to create a signed source package?

Beans

Re: Building source package and package

Hmm,

i don't know. If i am guessing so when i have structure like i wrote, i will make project.orig.tar.gz at first, i will have my project folder + that project.orig.tar.gz , than run debuild -S which will produce .diff, .dsc etc... than run dh_make, fill in description etc... in rules file i have to define commands for changing my original folder structure to desired structure of binary package and than run pbuilder to create package?