Thread: Upgraded to 12.04, Software Sources still shows oneiric repositories and not Precise

Question Upgraded to 12.04, Software Sources still shows oneiric repositories and not Precise

I upgraded ubuntu to 12.04 and ended up with a blank screen of death. Finally, figured out that xorg was not installed and that to install xorg, I have to downgrade xserver-xorg-core. I did that and I am able to log in, however, I don't see any change. The login screen shows 11.10.

On looking into Software Sources, I find the repositories point to Oneiric and not to Precise. However, "lsb_release -a" tells me it is Precise.

Can someone guide as to how to get the Precise repositories and get it properly upgraded.
    Last edited by ravisghosh; May 1st, 2012 at 08:31 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Upgraded to 12.04, Software Sources still shows oneiric repositories and not Prec

Quote Originally Posted by ravisghosh View Post
    I upgraded ubuntu to 12.04 and ended up with a blank screen of death. Finally, figured out that xorg was not installed and that to install xorg, I have to downgrade xserver-xorg-core. I did that and I am able to log in, however, I don't see any change. The login screen shows 11.10.

On looking into Software Sources, I find the repositories point to Oneiric and not to Precise. However, "lsb_release -a" tells me it is Precise.

Can someone guide as to how to get the Precise repositories and get it properly upgraded.
    From a terminal
    Code:
    sudo sed -i 's/oneiric/precise/g' /etc/apt/sources.list
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    But I am surprised it managed to do the release upgrade as one of the first things it does is change the sources.list to point to the new repositories.

Good Luck
    Hypertension = Take with a pinch of salt
    | Psychocats | Ubuntu Documentation | Howto [Solved] | BBcode list | Brother Website |

Re: Upgraded to 12.04, Software Sources still shows oneiric repositories and not Prec

Quote Originally Posted by plucky View Post
    From a terminal
    Code:
    sudo sed -i 's/oneiric/precise/g' /etc/apt/sources.list
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    But I am surprised it managed to do the release upgrade as one of the first things it does is change the sources.list to point to the new repositories.

Good Luck

Thanks a lot. It worked.