Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HP-DV7 w/ Beats Audio speakers not working

Beans

Re: HP-DV7 w/ Beats Audio speakers not working

I have the same issue. On upgrade, I had no sound at all, so I changed that last line in alsa-base.conf to:

Code:
    options snd-hda-intel model=auto
    I have sound in the two main speakers, but NOT the subwoofer.

Anyone find an answer for this?

Beans

I have the same case, have audio on both speakers but not as loud as compared before when I use Win7.

Beans

Same here too, i have the HP DV6-6145dx

only the front two speakers are working

any suggestions

Beans

And me as well. The sound is gone last night (perhaps?) since I don't know if I have the sound before or not. Anyway I have the same card.

Code:
    mariusz@mariusz-HP-ProBook-4530s:~$ aplay -l
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: STAC92xx Analog [STAC92xx Analog]
      Subdevices: 1/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
      Subdevices: 1/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    I have modified
    /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
    by adding
    options snd-hda-intel model=generic
    and still no results.

I also get back to previous kernel and still no luck...Pretty annoying. I don't know if this is a hardware issue whether not. I also noticed that when I plug and unplug headphones the sound from speakers i coming, but only for a second or so and then is gone again. I noticed this problem on Windows as well and other members suggesting that this might be a hardware problem, but some says that drivers for IDT HDA Audio card are messed. Any solution? Thanks
    Last edited by trulynon; July 1st, 2012 at 07:08 PM.

Beans

i have an Envy 15 with Beats Audio and a similar problem. i use this in my alsa-base.conf:

options snd-hda-intel model=ref
    this has given me the audio from the subwoofer and at least two of the front speakers, but nothing from the top speakers. it's better, but i'm still looking for a solution for all six speakers.

you may want to try some of the models in HD-Audio-Models.txt as there are specific entries for some laptops like the DV7-4000 and DV5.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by nicepants View Post
    i have an Envy 15 with Beats Audio and a similar problem. i use this in my alsa-base.conf:

this has given me the audio from the subwoofer and at least two of the front speakers, but nothing from the top speakers. it's better, but i'm still looking for a solution for all six speakers.

you may want to try some of the models in HD-Audio-Models.txt as there are specific entries for some laptops like the DV7-4000 and DV5.
    How could I find my model? I'm using an HP Pavilion dv7-6c90us, I just don't wanna start shooting in the dark.

Beans

I'm not very knowledgeable in coding or anything, but I have the same laptop and on win7 it seemed as if there was a driver or program that utilized the speakers to their fullest. Whatever the solution is, I need it as well. My sound is horrid.

~Stardust

Beans

Update:

I now have sound from all 4 of my speakers, still no subwoofer, but the quality has vastly increased.

I just installed the gnome alsa mixer and within it the mixer window showed two spots for 'speakers' and one of them was muted. So yeah, fixed that. Messing around with some of the controls helped with the quality.

Still want my subwoofer, but I think we'll have to wait for a driver for it. I looked on HP's website, and this brand of laptop originally came with an HD sound driver, I looked around for an HD driver for ubuntu and the only lead I found was one from Realtek, but I can't seem to find anywhere to download and install it.

~Stardust

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I just thought I would update this thread. there has been no fix that I have found for it.

It's odd that 11.10 had such a simple fix but 12.04 has nothing.

Beans

wish this turn everything well.

/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
    options snd-hda-intel model=hp-dv7-4000

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast