Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Any issues with 12.04 on eee PC 1000?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beans
    86
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Any issues with 12.04 on eee PC 1000?

    Specifically the 1000HA. I'm dual-booting Win7 and 10.04 currently, everything works well and I'm happy. I've tried the LiveCD for an hour or so and things went smoothly, but I want to know from people who've had this as their daily OS for longer. I did some googling of "12.04 eee pc 1000 issues" and nothing really comes up, but the 1000 line is old so that probably has as much to do with it as anything. Whatever you can say will be a help. Thanks
    -Make me a sandwich. -What? Make it yourself. -Sudo make me a sandwich. -Okay. (xkcd)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Beans
    748
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Any issues with 12.04 on eee PC 1000?

    It runs okay on my EeePC 901, which uses the same processor and chipset.
    Moderation in all things; including moderation.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Beans
    6

    Re: Any issues with 12.04 on eee PC 1000?

    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    It runs okay on my EeePC 901, which uses the same processor and chipset.
    I just installed it on my 901 too but the LAN ethernet isn't working. Everyting else is fine otherwise.

    How have you made the LAN to work?

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    wojox is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Beans
    8,630

    Re: Any issues with 12.04 on eee PC 1000?

    Quote Originally Posted by djlemmings View Post
    I just installed it on my 901 too but the LAN ethernet isn't working. Everyting else is fine otherwise.

    How have you made the LAN to work?

    Thanks.
    Did you turn it back on in BIOS. It shuts off when you install any OS on mine. Have to go back in and and turn it back on.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Beans
    6

    Re: Any issues with 12.04 on eee PC 1000?

    Quote Originally Posted by wojox View Post
    Did you turn it back on in BIOS. It shuts off when you install any OS on mine. Have to go back in and and turn it back on.
    LAN is activated in th BIOS... I really don't understand...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Beans
    748
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Any issues with 12.04 on eee PC 1000?

    On my 901 both wired and wireless worked out of the box.
    I do have an updated BIOS, maybe that is the reason.
    Moderation in all things; including moderation.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Beans
    6

    Re: Any issues with 12.04 on eee PC 1000?

    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    On my 901 both wired and wireless worked out of the box.
    I do have an updated BIOS, maybe that is the reason.
    I have the latest BIOS too, I don't really understand. The LAN was working perfectly on me Meego installation, but I wanted to try a more "up to date" OS...

    Have you done a clean install (from scratch) or just an upgrade? It could explain a bit.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Beans
    748
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Any issues with 12.04 on eee PC 1000?

    Quote Originally Posted by djlemmings View Post
    I have the latest BIOS too, I don't really understand. The LAN was working perfectly on me Meego installation, but I wanted to try a more "up to date" OS...

    Have you done a clean install (from scratch) or just an upgrade? It could explain a bit.
    It was a clean install.
    Moderation in all things; including moderation.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Beans
    6

    Re: Any issues with 12.04 on eee PC 1000?

    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    It was a clean install.
    Well, I really don't understand. I tryed to boot the live CD again to see if it was enabled by default, and still no LAN connection.

    I'll try to find what's wrong...

    ps : My Eeepc 901 was the XP release, the first one with 4 GB + 8 GB SSD drives.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Beans
    748
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Any issues with 12.04 on eee PC 1000?

    Quote Originally Posted by djlemmings View Post
    My Eeepc 901 was the XP release, the first one with 4 GB + 8 GB SSD drives.
    My Eeepc 901 was the Linux release, the first one with 4 GB + 16 GB SSD drives.
    Is it possible we have different LAN hardware?
    Moderation in all things; including moderation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •