Thread: Launch pad proglem

Beans

Launch pad proglem

I want to send this to Ubuntu Bug reporting system "Launchpad - I think" but not really sure hoe to do it (I know nwbie) - I have tried to submit

I have been having this problem with update - I waould be very obliged if some one could help me - thanks in advance B

Problem below:

An unresolvable problem occurred while initialising the package information.

Please report this bug for the 'update-manager' package and try to include the following error message:

'E:Encountered a section with no Package: header, Eroblem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/gb.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_precise_multive rse_binary-amd64_Packages, E:The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.'

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Launch pad proglem

I don't think that is a bug of update-manager. Maybe something from your sources.list is corrupted.
    Open a terminal (ctrl+alt+t) and paste this command inside
    Code:
    find /etc/apt/ -iname "*.list" -exec echo "FILE: {}" \; -exec cat "{}" \;
    Copy the entire out put and paste between [CODE] brackets by clicking on # at the top of the message pane.

Also give these commands in terminal and see if problem fixed ,
    copy-paste them from here to your terminal one - at- time (do not write by hand) for better accuracy.
    Code:
    sudo rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*
    sudo apt-get install -f
    sudo dpkg --configure -a 
    sudo apt-get update
    copy the entire out put of last command between [CODE] brackets by clicking on # at the top of the message pane.