Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12.04 Desktop Wallpaper\Background changer - Wallch

hakermania is offline Τώρα ξέρεις τι γράφω εδώ!
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: 12.04 Desktop Wallpaper\Background changer - Wallch

Quote Originally Posted by basarix View Post
    Now we're talking.....
    i just tried on one of my boxes and the default style of wallpaper works like a charm...

now i just have to update all those other boxes stuck at zoom.....

thnx dude, great work there, and great tool you made btw...
    Thanks

We really couldn't develop Wallch as much as we wanted the past 9 months because of the preparation for our finals (we were finishing school) and then, when we finished, we participated in the Ubuntu Showdown Contest which lasted 3 weeks. After those, I worked again in Wallch!
    Website

Wallch (Wallpaper Changer): Sourceforge | Launchpad

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Exclamation Re: 12.04 Desktop Wallpaper\Background changer - Wallch

it has some bugs
    i installed it in ubuntu 12.04 unity 2d, and it is good but with some bugs. in every startup it forget saved preferences and i should customise it again.
    how can i solve this?
    Forza Linux زنده باد لینوکس
    MrAli
    http://alihzadeh.blog.ir/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Chogan View Post
    it has some bugs
    i installed it in ubuntu 12.04 unity 2d, and it is good but with some bugs. in every startup it forget saved preferences and i should customise it again.
    how can i solve this?
    we will release wallch 4.0 in November with a lot of the bugs fixed.. you can always report a bug at our launhpad page (https://launchpad.net/wallpaper-changer) so we fix it in 4.0 version..

customize ur settings however u like and hit Ctrl+Q to close wallch completely.. that will save ur settings
    Last edited by leon.vitanos; October 23rd, 2012 at 07:00 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Hey guys,

I am using wallch 3.01 on Ubuntu 12.10.

When I go under extras and activate the Picture of the Day. After a reboot, it is no longer active and I have to activate it again.

How can I add this functionality to startup? So that it adds the picture of the day automatically upon login?

thanks,
    Houman

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Houmie View Post
    Hey guys,

I am using wallch 3.01 on Ubuntu 12.10.

When I go under extras and activate the Picture of the Day. After a reboot, it is no longer active and I have to activate it again.

How can I add this functionality to startup? So that it adds the picture of the day automatically upon login?

thanks,
    Houman
    Go to preferences->Start Up options and enable the picture of the day option

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by LeonTastyDev View Post
    Go to preferences->Start Up options and enable the picture of the day option

Ahh I didnt see that. That was easy Thanks

Great app by the way. Keep it coming. Only one thing the 1000 free pictures can't be downloaded. Server limit reached. In times of cloud, things like this should be no problem. Maybe it could be distributed by Torrent instead?

Beans

Ahh I didnt see that. That was easy Thanks

Great app by the way. Keep it coming. Only one thing the 1000 free pictures can't be downloaded. Server limit reached. In times of cloud, things like this should be no problem. Maybe it could be distributed by Torrent instead?
    I am collecting some 1000 new ones.. 1920x1080 instead of 1440x1990.. because 90% don't have widescreen..

We will be sharing it via torrent so they will never be down..
    I will post a link here when the torrent is up and running, be sure to subscribe at this topic or give me an email to contact u
    Last edited by leon.vitanos; November 13th, 2012 at 04:58 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by LeonTastyDev View Post
    I am collecting some 1000 new ones.. 1920x1080 instead of 1440x1990.. because 90% don't have widescreen..

We will be sharing it via torrent so they will never be down..
    I will post a link here when the torrent is up and running, be sure to subscribe at this topic or give me an email to contact u
    Sounds great. Looking forward to it. Just a heads up regarding picture of the day.

I just have logged in and the picture of the day hasn't changed. (I still get the close up picture of a tree, even though the one on WIkipedia is now different)

Code:
    ps aux | grep wallch
    2342  0.0  0.1 654736 24416 ?        Sl   09:33   0:00 /usr/bin/wallch --picofday
    This seems to be running correctly and I can see manually that picture of the day is activated, however no reaction. I wonder if this is a bug or am I doing something wrong?

hakermania is offline Τώρα ξέρεις τι γράφω εδώ!
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Sounds great. Looking forward to it. Just a heads up regarding picture of the day.

I just have logged in and the picture of the day hasn't changed. (I still get the close up picture of a tree, even though the one on WIkipedia is now different)

Code:
    ps aux | grep wallch
    2342  0.0  0.1 654736 24416 ?        Sl   09:33   0:00 /usr/bin/wallch --picofday
    This seems to be running correctly and I can see manually that picture of the day is activated, however no reaction. I wonder if this is a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Weird. Are you sure that you haven't set the time of POTD change to be late at night/afternoon etc? Because it will wait till then. I can confirm that the POTD has been updated by our server which provides the link around 07:00 Greece's time (GMT +2)
    Website

Wallch (Wallpaper Changer): Sourceforge | Launchpad

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by hakermania View Post
    Weird. Are you sure that you haven't set the time of POTD change to be late at night/afternoon etc? Because it will wait till then. I can confirm that the POTD has been updated by our server which provides the link around 07:00 Greece's time (GMT +2)
    So you were right, I had missed it that it was set at midnight.
    It is working now.

So what happens if I set it to 7 AM, but the pc is turned off? Does it still stack the job until its turned on, or would it try again at the day after?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast