Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12.04 Desktop Wallpaper\Background changer - Wallch

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: 12.04 Desktop Wallpaper\Background changer - Wallch

Great, thanks for the quick and effective response. That did indeed fix it.

Jock

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

I really have to test if Wallch actually works in Lubuntu, would be the first wallpaper changer I can actually get to work in this distro lol. Right now I've been using my own script though and it works like a charm through Openbox.

hakermania is offline Τώρα ξέρεις τι γράφω εδώ!
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Gaygerbil View Post
    I really have to test if Wallch actually works in Lubuntu, would be the first wallpaper changer I can actually get to work in this distro lol. Right now I've been using my own script though and it works like a charm through Openbox.
    Be patient for the next release

I am on Lubuntu right now and the developing application of Wallch works like a charm
    Website

Wallch (Wallpaper Changer): Sourceforge | Launchpad

Beans

Any time frame on the 4.0 version?

the 3.0 "zoom" bug is extremely annoying to the point of considering to replace wallch till the new version comes out.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by basarix View Post
    Any time frame on the 4.0 version?

the 3.0 "zoom" bug is extremely annoying to the point of considering to replace wallch till the new version comes out.
    Yes, I feel you! But, hold your horses! I am planning to release a new PPA in launchpad and you will be able to download it through there. It will not be a normal stable release of Wallch. It will be something like Wallch 3.5

But, be patient for another 1 week, until the showdown contest is over, because we participate and we have no time for Wallch, right now
    Website

Beans

Hi, I just installed Wallch but I can't make it work. I get a message that I gotta stop the running process, that is the actual wallpaper from the settings menu. What should I do?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by maestro73 View Post
    Hi, I just installed Wallch but I can't make it work. I get a message that I gotta stop the running process, that is the actual wallpaper from the settings menu. What should I do?
    Hello, please check if Live Earth Wallpaper or Picture Of The Day processes are running, from the Edit->Extras dialog. That should be it.
    Website

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hakermania View Post
    Yes, I feel you! But, hold your horses! I am planning to release a new PPA in launchpad and you will be able to download it through there. It will not be a normal stable release of Wallch. It will be something like Wallch 3.5

But, be patient for another 1 week, until the showdown contest is over, because we participate and we have no time for Wallch, right now
    are we there yet?

Beans
    Distro

Yep! Forgot to update this thread! To install the testing series of Wallch and receive updates for them:
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wallch/3+
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install wallch
    The new things till now:
    1) Wallch can sit on tray on startup preferences
    2) Drag and drop works with folders
    3) Option for timeout on startup preferences (Wallch first waits the timeout and then launches)
    4) Option for first timeout and then change wallpaper (default is: change wallpaper, timeout, change wallpaper, timeout, ...)
    5) Options --change, --start can take as arguments Wallch Album or Folder to work with. If not such arguments are being specified, then wallch works with the last list used by the user.
    6) Options --merge-albums and --create-album from command-line added
    7) Open current image's path
    8) Multiselection on the list with the wallpapers has been enabled. Now you can select lots of wallpapers altogether and drag and drop them so as to move them, or press the Delete key so as to remove them
    9) In the past, when Wallch run in the background and the user called the GUI, the process stopped and the GUI was shown. Now, unless the user doesn't work with the last list used by the user (but with an album or a folder), the process doesn't stop, but it migrates to the GUI.
    10) New Contents file (accessible from F1)
    11) Set Custom Command dialog, which enables Wallch to work in all major Desktop Environments, as well as enables the user to select its very own command for the wallpaper changing process, in case his Desktop Environment isn't listed by Wallch.

Minor changes:
    1) Added an animation to the Preferences dialog

What is about to be done:
    1) Better history dialog, with options for removing specific entries, open folder/copy path/properties of every specific entry
    2) Properties with seek buttons (next-previous picture)

In our to-do list:
    1) Better First-Run dialog
    2) Icons instead of paths to be shown to the list by default. User can have the option through the preferences to switch from path mode to icon mode and vice versa.

Please don't hesitate to suggest new things you'd like to see and to report bugs at launchpad (see sig)
    Last edited by hakermania; July 21st, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
    Website

Beans

Now we're talking.....
    i just tried on one of my boxes and the default style of wallpaper works like a charm...

now i just have to update all those other boxes stuck at zoom.....

thnx dude, great work there, and great tool you made btw...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast