Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chromium Browser Nightly PPA

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Chromium Browser Nightly PPA

I've tried searching (as you do).

I have the Chromium Nightly builds PPA added but this hasn't seen any changes for the last three weeks (same as Dev and Beta PPA). The Stable PPA, however, had a build 12 days ago.

Does anyone know what is happening with these PPAs? I'm having problems running a stable version...

https://launchpad.net/~chromium-daily
    1) Dell Studio 1749: i5 540 (2.5GHz), 8GB, ATi 5650, Intel 5300AGN XFCE@Manjaro-x64
    2) Lenovo X61: C2D T7200, 2GB, Intel HDA, iwlwifi, XFCE@Manjaro-x64
    3) Compaq Mini 311c: Atom N270 (OC@2.0GHz), 3GB, Nvidia ION, Broadcom G+BT XFCE@13.10x32

Beans
    Distro

Wink Re: Chromium Browser Nightly PPA

Choices. That's what it's all about.

First items on a new lubuntu install is synaptic complete removal of chromium which automatically installs firefox.

Now one of my quantals updates to firefox 12, the other is at firefox 11. Go figure. They both work fine, quantal's not broken for me yet...

Jerry

p.s. just updated quantal, Firefox 12 installed fine.
    Last edited by jerrylamos; April 30th, 2012 at 06:49 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Chromium Browser Nightly PPA

Sometimes the people uploading to the ppa's get lazy. Keep a lookout for new builds.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

yes its the ppa maintainers either being lazy or for whatever reason not updating it, i noticed about 2 months ago its been like that for ages now,
    the nightly ppa only updated to version 18 about a week before the stable release, whats more according to the timeline the last update before that was over a year ago
    Last edited by CaptainMark; May 1st, 2012 at 07:44 AM.
    Catch me on Freenode - imark

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Beans
    Distro

you can grab the latest unstable (dev) direct from google http://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel it is at 20.1115.1

it runs fine on amd64 + nvidia sys .
    if it ain't broke you haven't tweaked it enough

Beans
    Distro

Thanks! That explains the reason why, glad it's not just because they forgot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ronacc View Post
    you can grab the latest unstable (dev) direct from google http://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel it is at 20.1115.1

it runs fine on amd64 + nvidia sys .
    That looks promising though it's Chrome and not Chromium. This could have changed but it used to be the case that Chrome sent a lot of information back to Google but Chromium did not. I've noticed that there's a "Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Google" checkbox in Chrome settings now, though, so maybe this has changed.
    1) Dell Studio 1749: i5 540 (2.5GHz), 8GB, ATi 5650, Intel 5300AGN XFCE@Manjaro-x64
    2) Lenovo X61: C2D T7200, 2GB, Intel HDA, iwlwifi, XFCE@Manjaro-x64
    3) Compaq Mini 311c: Atom N270 (OC@2.0GHz), 3GB, Nvidia ION, Broadcom G+BT XFCE@13.10x32

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by jfernyhough View Post
    Thanks! That explains the reason why, glad it's not just because they forgot about it.

That looks promising though it's Chrome and not Chromium. This could have changed but it used to be the case that Chrome sent a lot of information back to Google but Chromium did not. I've noticed that there's a "Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Google" checkbox in Chrome settings now, though, so maybe this has changed.
    True but I figure I'd rather have the convenience of having an updated browser (Chrome) with an updated Flash player and an updated PDF reader all in one. "Privacy" is definitely a concern to some people, but I'm taking a chance, that given the numbers involved, Google may not have time to focus on me

Beans
    Distro

this may help explain the differences between chrome and chromium http://code.google.com/p/chromium/wi...VsGoogleChrome

edit: you can turn off reporting ( and also install the extension ghostery to kill off web bugs)
    Last edited by ronacc; May 1st, 2012 at 01:38 PM.
    if it ain't broke you haven't tweaked it enough

Beans

I dunno I think something is up with the Chromium Builds PPA's.

Their Dev and Daily builds havent been updated in 4 weeks and are both on 18.0.1025.151~r130497

Stable and Beta were last updated 4 days ago and are on a slightly newer 18.0.1025.168~r134367

Weird.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast