Thread: how do I get the CD I just burned with ubuntu image

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

how do I get the CD I just burned with ubuntu image

i out the cd in the drive boot I can here the drive run and spin on boot and it still bots directly to windows..

if I put the cd in while windows is running I get the option to install wubi , looking on the dvd I see all the files and folder ..

the lap top hp g6 quad core only been out of the box about 30 hours
    trying to use the live cd and see if I can get that going beforeI install here ..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: how do I get the CD I just burned with ubuntu image

Quote Originally Posted by jadtech View Post
    i out the cd in the drive boot I can here the drive run and spin on boot and it still bots directly to windows..

if I put the cd in while windows is running I get the option to install wubi , looking on the dvd I see all the files and folder ..

the lap top hp g6 quad core only been out of the box about 30 hours
    trying to use the live cd and see if I can get that going beforeI install here ..
    Hey Jadtech

have you gone into the bios of that computer and made sure that the computer is booting from cd ? also have you checked the md5sum of the iso ?

thanks
    Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by josephmills View Post
    Hey Jadtech

have you gone into the bios of that computer and made sure that the computer is booting from cd ? also have you checked the md5sum of the iso ?

thanks
    well I havent gone in the bio's how ever I have ben to the hp sote and it states that the boot order by default goes floppy, cd/dvd hard drive, usb and net work adapter ..

how ever there was a notice nearly as soon as I got things started from hp there was a bio update I went and installed today not sure if this changed anything..

the other odd thing I find is HP seems completely unsure what F key to use to get to bio's badcially in a round about way says spam them all till one works
    Last edited by jadtech; April 30th, 2012 at 05:15 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

try
    f1
    f2
    delete
    f10
    f12

It will be one of them wait this is not a mac is it
    Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority

Beans
    Distro

try
    f1
    f2
    delete
    f10
    f12

It will be one of them wait this is not a mac is it
    the check matches

I will attempt to make sure the bio'are set right

ok at this point I can tell you geting in the bio's is not done with f1 though this does bring up a list of computer specs its not f2 ,f6 ,f10 (delet)e does bring up a boot menu to choose an operating system or mem diagnostics ..

what ever happen to the simple days

there is a notice I see on boot that say press esc now though I remember from the past that is the brings up recovery options not sure if that includes the bio's or not shrug

nope not a mac its an HP pavillion g6 notrbook
    Last edited by jadtech; April 30th, 2012 at 06:02 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Beans
    Distro

wow ok thrid times a charm I must have been maybe nhitting the f10 button at the wrong moment because finally bio's greet4ed me whenI checked harddrive was first and the cd second I switched them so CD/dvd is on top, not sure just yet if this helped but its all changed..

thanks for the link I was already at that page had it book marked but it leads tto the confusion since all it says is all there computer are different and pretty much tells you the only way is f key roulette

if the disk dont work this time guess I will find out how to slow the windows burner down or get another program and make it again, Im thinking im hopeing this sticking point is the issue and i am able to boot live cd no peoblem hehe ..

thanks for the help

Beans
    Distro

wow my lucky day changed the bio setting so cd/dvd was at the top of the list on this new HP I put the unbuntu 12.04 64bit live cd in the drive booted first try I am posting from it now , I will say booting ubuntu from this dvd is a bit slow well ok a bit like wrapping ones lower lip around your head and attempting swallowing your self each step took a bit but im here no special boot changes nothing..

i guess this is a good sign for an install on this machine it could use the drivers for the video card installed but looks and runs great off the dvd

thank for the bios suggestion one would think one a new computer just out of the box bio's would have at least cd/dvd set to boot first not HDD ..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

The reason why the live CD/DVD loads slowly is because it is assessing the hardware. Now, when you select install, the hardware checks are already done.

Also you will find that while you are filling in your user details and your location, etc., files are loading in the background. This is an improvement from earlier days when things were done one at a time.

It makes the install seems faster.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530