Thread: Integrating gmail in 12.04

Beans

Integrating gmail in 12.04

I set gnome gmail as my default application for mail. But I would like for the mail symbol in the upper right to light up when I have new mail. Antone have any idea how to do this? I use Ubuntu 12.04.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Integrating gmail in 12.04

Install gm-notify->Open gm-notify->set your user name and password->integrated!

Beans

awesome thanks. Works great. Do you know how to set it as the default email client? so mailto links will open in gmail.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Very good question, I would like to have this to send pictures from shotwell. Thanks!
    When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters - danger and opportunity (J.F.Kennedy)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bigbudz View Post
    Do you know how to set it as the default email client? so mailto links will open in gmail.
    apt-get install gnome-gmail

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks Markbl! Sorry it took a while to respond, but I can confirm this is what I use as well.

Beans

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Re: Integrating gmail in 12.04

This is great, thank you. Now the question if how sync the contact from Gmail to show in Shotwell dialog when sending...... Anybody?
    When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters - danger and opportunity (J.F.Kennedy)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tvor View Post
    This is great, thank you. Now the question if how sync the contact from Gmail to show in Shotwell dialog when sending...... Anybody?
    I haven't tried this but you should configure your gmail account in Settings/Online Accounts and then make sure your gmail contacts setting is on. You have then linked your google contacts into Ubuntu but I am not sure Shotwell will use them?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Arrow Re: Integrating gmail in 12.04

Quote Originally Posted by markbl View Post
    I haven't tried this but you should configure your gmail account in Settings/Online Accounts and then make sure your gmail contacts setting is on. You have then linked your google contacts into Ubuntu but I am not sure Shotwell will use them?
    Shotwell will just fire off your default email program, so if you set gnome-gmail as the default it should work.