Thread: Firefox not working 11.10

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Firefox not working 11.10

i went to open Firefox one day, and all i got was an error message:
    "Firefox has encountered a problem and crashed please send an error report by checking box etc. etc." i wasn't to surprised, because i had probably more tabs open than i should have.. (probably over 40)
    i sent the error report after several more tries including removing it in the software center, and installing again.
    no dice.
    i don't really like chrome, and i would like my firefox back

any help appreciated..
    Last edited by gandalf3; May 8th, 2012 at 07:03 PM. Reason: new info
    Intel Pentium 4 Asus P5N32-SLI DELUXE Nvidia nx7900GT 3GB Ram Western Digital WD2500AAKX 250GB Seagate Barracuda 80GB, 160GB Ubuntu 12.04 Arch

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Firefox not working 11.10

You may be having add-on trouble and you can start in safe mode from the terminal disable the add-ons. Then close safe mode and try to start normally.This will tell if it is an add-on causing the problem.
    Code:
    firefox -safe-mode
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro

thanks.. but no go..

firefox -safe-mode
    Code:
    (firefox:2358): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(firefox:2358): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(crashreporter:2376): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(crashreporter:2376): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

just opens the error reporter again..
    Intel Pentium 4 Asus P5N32-SLI DELUXE Nvidia nx7900GT 3GB Ram Western Digital WD2500AAKX 250GB Seagate Barracuda 80GB, 160GB Ubuntu 12.04 Arch

Beans
    Distro

is there anyway to get Firefox working again?
    i would have thought a fresh install would do it..
    maybe if i install it not from the software center? (synaptic or from Mozilla's website?) would this help?
    BUMP..
    any help appreciated..

Beans
    Distro

well, after trying just about everything.. i tried to open a XML file, (which was defaulted to open with Firefox)
    and it opened! no idea why now.. and the little white arrow next to the fire fox icon that says you have an instance open, is not there..

Beans

did you try googling the error? i found this in 2 seconds...

http://ubuntutechnical.wordpress.com...e_path-pixmap/