Thread: erase bad grubs

Beans

erase bad grubs

i have a bad upgrade to 12.04 that had unuseable desktop so when i rebooted when the grub screen came up i chose the third line down that was labeled 'use previous version'.When i clicked that option another list of grub numbers appeared so i randomly chose the second one down figureing i would be back to 11.10 but when i booted that one it started a boot of 12.04 that works perfectly.I am afraid to turn off computer now in case i cant remember what grub im using now.Is there a way to display current grub version and trash all others?.

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: erase bad grubs

its not several grub, but an organized grub menu with submenu. If you want to tweak that order, its easy with grub-customizer (find it in launchpad ppa). There you can move the lines, define the appearance etc.

Beans

thanks dino99 .not intuitive for novice but somehow i did it thru terminal.I couldnt follow anything on the new desktop GUI

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by jesse c View Post
    thanks dino99 .not intuitive for novice but somehow i did it thru terminal.I couldnt follow anything on the new desktop GUI
    if you want the old feel & look, then install gnome-session-fallback, alacarte, synaptic; then login as gnome-classic