Thread: Links for Graphics drivers

Beans

Links for Graphics drivers

I use Lenovo G570 (1GB AMD Radeon 6370M + Intel HD Graphics). Can anyone give me links for the drivers files. I want to burn them in a disk so that I don't have to download if I require later.

If possible, here is the total list that I want to make a DVD of:

1. Graphics Drivers (proprietary)- mentioned above
    2. Lenovo Energy Management
    3. Lenovo One Key Recovery
    4. Any other drivers that are required.. (proprietary, which are given my Lenovo (windows versions) )

I want links please. I don't want sudo apt-get etc.. commands please.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Links for Graphics drivers

The beauty of Ubuntu (and other modern distros!) is that you don't need to do any of this! Ubuntu comes with an open-source graphics card driver and the vast majority of drivers for other pieces of hardware (such as wifi cards) on the disc. Once installed a user-friendly tool will ask you if you'd prefer to use the proprietary drivers available for your hardware and install them for you with just a click.

The Lenovo software won't work in Ubuntu and doesn't need to because Ubuntu has its own power management and backup tools. If you're finding your battery life is a little poor, try installing Jupiter for a little extra juice.

Beans

Actually I am concerned with "power regression".. and also Graphic drivers..
    last time when I installed ubuntu, it asked me to explicitly install drivers for my external graphics (broad com) but they failed to install.

So, that's the reason why i am asking these..

May be, I don't require audio, lan, bluetooth drivers, but I required this "graphics" drivers files..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If you want a link to the graphics driver, it's over at support.AMD.com. Fill in the drop down menus with your hardware and it will direct you to the drivers. You will need to install it with a few commands. It's not very hard, and AMD explains how to do it rather clearly. I think it's like 2-3 commands in the terminal, which you can always just C&P.

The other drivers, I couldn't tell you. That might be a trip over to Lenovo to see what they recommend.
    HP ProBook 4530s - 4GB RAM - 12.04 AMD64