Thread: Wine and Domain Users: Can no longer install MSI

Beans

Wine and Domain Users: Can no longer install MSI

Hi:

Fresh install of xubuntu 12.04 x86_64 and I can no longer perform install of a particular MSI (this MSI installed fine on 11.10, and another MSI I tried did work on 12.04 - so it seems random) - the MSI installs fine as local user. I was able to perform execution of non-MSI based app as domain user. I was able to work-around the issue by copying the prefix of the same user from a working system (which was an upgrade from 11.10 to 12.04 vs fresh install), but it is not elegant or desired. I also as a test tried installing the MSI on the "working" system (an upgrade from 11.10 to 12.04) for an existing domain user that had not before executed the MSI - same issue. Seems to be something in 12.04. Anyone else seeing this? I have not through searching anyone reporting anything even close to this behavior, nor anything helpful on the error - hoping a direct question will yield fruit. Like I said, I was able to create a work around, but would be interested if others are now seeing this on some MSI.

error:
    Code:
    fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
    err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"ValidateCommandLine" returned 1603
    Cheers in advance!
    Last edited by tmknight; April 29th, 2012 at 02:14 PM.