Thread: Google Chrome on Ubuntu 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Google Chrome on Ubuntu 12.04

Google Chrome for Linux worked very well with ubuntu 10.04.

However, on ubuntu 12.04 I face the following problems as of now:
    1) The tabs don't seem to work as seamlessly as they did earlier. I can pick up one tab and split it into a different window, but I cannot put that tab back into an existing window. Only new windows can be created.

2) Videos in youtube have a funny colour. Seems to be flash plugin error maybe, but as chrome comes with in-built flash plugin, I don't know what the problem is.

Kindly help with suggestions.

P.S.: I am using a 32 bit desktop. I have NVIDIA proprietary drivers installed.

Beans

Re: Google Chrome on Ubuntu 12.04

I don't know about 1) but 2) is not specific to 12.04. It started on 11.10 about one month ago when adobe introduced a bad tint bug to the flashplayer update. Really annoying bug and completely lackluster response by adobe to address it so far. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...in/+bug/967091.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by blitzit View Post
    Google Chrome for Linux worked very well with ubuntu 10.04.

However, on ubuntu 12.04 I face the following problems as of now:
    1) The tabs don't seem to work as seamlessly as they did earlier. I can pick up one tab and split it into a different window, but I cannot put that tab back into an existing window. Only new windows can be created.

2) Videos in youtube have a funny colour. Seems to be flash plugin error maybe, but as chrome comes with in-built flash plugin, I don't know what the problem is.

Kindly help with suggestions.

P.S.: I am using a 32 bit desktop. I have NVIDIA proprietary drivers installed.
    I can reproduce problem 1, but I don't have a solution. Must be a Chrome bug.

About problem 2, see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1953796. Although some of the solutions require to use Firefox, they will work with Chrome as well.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Unchecking the tick on "Enable Hardware Acceleration" worked. Bye-bye Smurfs

Thanks