Thread: AMD / Fglrx = Ugly Boot screen and..

Beans

Question AMD / Fglrx = Ugly Boot screen and..

Hi guys i just did a clean install of Ubuntu 12.04 and with Jockey i installed the AMD drivers for my AMD HD6870 the driver installs fine but when i go to shut down i get strange text on my purple shutdown screen and then on every boot i get a really UGLY boot screen with a few lines of Text and something about error and the plymouth screen looks Horrid.

anything i can do to get a nice clean startup and shutdown ?

it may not bug some people but it drives me crazy to the point i removed ubuntu until i can find some help with it lol

thanks

Beans

Re: AMD / Fglrx = Ugly Boot screen and..

anyone else have errors on shutdown or boot

i get what seems to be what is supp to be behind the plymouth screen on top of it so i see stuff over top of the purple screen when i shut down

it bothers me so much

Beans

Did you try the drivers from the ati/amd website?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Don't know how related this is, but since at least 9.10, the first boot of the OS after install looks good with a nice "UBUNTU" logo. After the 1st boot the "UBUNTU" logo is much larger, like the splash screen res went from 1280x1024 to 320x240 or something. I have seen it dozens of times on multiple computers and installs. It doesn't hurt anything but is annoying.
    Phenom II X4 955 (@4080MHz), 8GB (4x2) DDR3 1333 (@1600), GTX 460 2GB, Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit, Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit