Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Precise known bugs with workarounds

Beans

Re: Precise known bugs with workarounds - Ambiance sub-menus light like Radiance

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefunk View Post
    Crap Nvidia driver included on .iso. Solution is to remove any proprietary drivers and then revert to old Nvidia driver.

Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
     sudo apt-get update
     sudo apt-get install nvidia-current=295.33-0ubuntu1~precise~xup1
    Reboot and you should be good to go.
    @whatthefunk-doesn't work for me, tried watching flash movie on firefox, 1st time caused hard freeze, 2nd time caused logout. Back to nouveau.
    desktop:Asus P7P55D-e mobo
    I5-750 cpu
    160 gb hdd (ide)
    8 gb ram
    9800 GT gpu (Nvidia)
    Ubuntu 12.04_amd64
    triple boot: Ubuntu 11.10_amd64,Windows 7 Professional, Ubuntu 12.04_amd64 LTS
    btw-do you know if it's possible to install Nvidia driver 280.13? This is what I have on Oneiric & works great.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Precise known bugs with workarounds - Ambiance sub-menus light like Radiance

Quote Originally Posted by dangmc View Post
    @whatthefunk-doesn't work for me, tried watching flash movie on firefox, 1st time caused hard freeze, 2nd time caused logout. Back to nouveau.
    desktop:Asus P7P55D-e mobo
    I5-750 cpu
    160 gb hdd (ide)
    8 gb ram
    9800 GT gpu (Nvidia)
    Ubuntu 12.04_amd64
    triple boot: Ubuntu 11.10_amd64,Windows 7 Professional, Ubuntu 12.04_amd64 LTS
    btw-do you know if it's possible to install Nvidia driver 280.13? This is what I have on Oneiric & works great.
    Sounds like a different issue to me. I had to install with the alternate iso and boot in recovery mode. No desktop effect worked, no videos worked, screen resolution was broken etc....

Beans

Re: Precise known bugs with workarounds

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
    Please post the bugs you have run into and how you worked around them here.

Do not post your problems, please raise a support thread.

Keep in mind, that Linux is infinitely customizable, you do not have to stick with Unity as a desktop environment if you do not want to.
    aren't we allowed to respond to suggested workarounds? why was my response to post #9 removed?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefunk View Post
    Sounds like a different issue to me. I had to install with the alternate iso and boot in recovery mode. No desktop effect worked, no videos worked, screen resolution was broken etc....
    ok- sorry. i didnt look far enough.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by dangmc View Post
    aren't we allowed to respond to suggested workarounds? why was my response to post #9 removed?
    Nothing has been removed from what I can see.

As for your issue, have you created a thread about it? It sounds like a different problem entirely.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans

Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
     sudo apt-get update
     sudo apt-get install nvidia-current=295.33-0ubuntu1~precise~xup1
    I have info - version "295.33-0ubuntu1~precise~xup1" for "nvidia-current" does not exist

Beans

On my computer, and judging by this bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ty/+bug/953089 others as well, pressing the super key on an open workspace will not do anything. I think Unity may become flummoxed about which window is on top when switching windows.
    Anyway, I've found that using one of the Dash Lens shortcuts (e.g. Super+a, Super+f, Super+m) works fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Devede - no visible menu, generates silent DVD

If you experience these problems, switch over to using mencoder in the application's properties. You will get a proper preview when generated and a working ISO.

Note: this is with Xubuntu, amd64 kernel and the medibuntu repos.

Beans

Regarding all those .goutputstream-XXXXX showing up in the home folder as per this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...utstream+files

In my case those files would appear after a re-start from a shutdown. Seems that if I log out before shutting down, the files do not appear. I use the terminal to check on them.

Hope this helps.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bigoten View Post
    I agree. This feature is driving me crazy. How can we ALT-TAB among ALL opened applications in ALL workspaces, as we used to?
    very annoying indeed! I fixed it by going to CCSM -> unity plugin and on the tab 'switcher' uncheck the second box before 'Bias alt-tab to prefer........'

Someone already had a solution for the super+w function?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast