Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Precise known bugs with workarounds

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Precise known bugs with workarounds - Ambiance sub-menus light like Radiance

Quote Originally Posted by Lamukra View Post
    Have you tried to run nautilus with root privileges and see what happens. With me nautilus was behaving very strangely - changing color of window with almost every click ... or it is normal? Can you try it?
    Looks fine here although gksu nautilus does not have a global menu and the drop down menus are light grey with black text. So fine here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Precise known bugs with workarounds - Ambiance sub-menus light like Radiance

Quote Originally Posted by merlinus View Post
    Did not work for me. Same light-colored menus and such as with plain old Ambiance theme. I am using Gnome Classic.

Also, the theme only showed up in the Advanced Settings tool, not System Settings/Appearance.
    Could be gnome classic related.

Like it says use the tweak tool of your choice, they recommend myunity.

System settings appearance does not seem to recognise any custom themes.

Beans

Re: Precise known bugs with workarounds

Quote Originally Posted by codingman View Post
    Can anybody back me up on how to fix the ALT-TAB bug in Gnome Classic? Or is this a bug that is in progress of being fixed? I'm not using Gnome Classic until this bug is fixed.
    I agree. This feature is driving me crazy. How can we ALT-TAB among ALL opened applications in ALL workspaces, as we used to?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefunk View Post
    Crap Nvidia driver included on .iso. Solution is to remove any proprietary drivers and then revert to old Nvidia driver.

Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
     sudo apt-get update
     sudo apt-get install nvidia-current=295.33-0ubuntu1~precise~xup1
    Reboot and you should be good to go.
    What does this fix?
    Phenom II X4 955 (@4080MHz), 8GB (4x2) DDR3 1333 (@1600), GTX 460 2GB, Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit, Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bigoten View Post
    I agree. This feature is driving me crazy. How can we ALT-TAB among ALL opened applications in ALL workspaces, as we used to?
    Hey! Go to CCSM and then enable application switcher,it works quite beautifully,ALT-TAB then shows the Compiz window switcher, but at least it works for now.

Hope this helps

Codingman
    CrunchBang Linux
    Plz no tpe lik dis or no anser!!
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by brad1138 View Post
    What does this fix?
    The nvidia drivers that came on the iso dont work with a lot of graphics cards. This is a way to get the old driver.

Beans

Super+W is broke too, showing only applications from current workspace instead of all workspaces. Driving me nuts.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by codingman View Post
    Hey! Go to CCSM and then enable application switcher,it works quite beautifully,ALT-TAB then shows the Compiz window switcher, but at least it works for now.

Hope this helps

Codingman
    I tried before, it does not work. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. I tried to set up one of the three following options: Application Switcher, Static Application Switcher, and Shift Switcher. I just fail to get the ALT TAB working as I think it should. Did anyone find a specific configuration to solve this issue?

Beans

I tried before, it does not work. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. I tried to set up one of the three following options: Application Switcher, Static Application Switcher, and Shift Switcher. I just fail to get the ALT TAB working as I think it should. Did anyone find a specific configuration to solve this issue?
    Idk how the key binding is for you, but for me the default is Super+Tab, NOT Alt+Tab.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

There is an open bug regarding external monitors and users of intel graphics. I have a Sandy Bridge processor and I have to be very careful how I plug things in.

If I plug in my USB Hub, External Monitor, etc and then boot the computer, LightDM comes up as expected and then Unity / Gnome Shell goes into a hard freeze upon log-in.

I was intrigued that LightDM worked correctly. So, I tried various window managers and eventually discovered that xfwm from XFCE4 / Xubuntu works just fine and does not trigger this bug. Alternatively, I am able to avoid it by first connecting the external monitor, logging in to Unity and THEN inserting my USB hub with external keyboard, mouse, printer, etc. A small hassle, but everything seems stable.

This problem drove me nuts because I loves my external monitor. Hope it helps someone else. I'm using a Lenovo X220 laptop. I don't know if desktop users are affected by this. YMMV.
    Last edited by gunksta; May 3rd, 2012 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Noted that I'm talking about a laptop.
    Please Insert Funny Statement Here.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast