Thread: Problem with the login after installation!

Beans

Exclamation Problem with the login after installation!

Hello forum,

So, I've upgraded from 11.10 to 12.04 and now I have problems with the login (with the graphic interface).
    What I have done? : I've enter the password and hit enter, afterwards it stay like that (logging in). I can move my cursor or change things in the upper menu, even I can restart.
    Another strange thing is when I'm in this state (logging in...) if I hit left or right arrow the password field just resets, but after this I cannot type anything in the password field.
    Other thing, with the combination Ctrl+Alt+F1... I can login.
    In 11.10 all were fine, but I have found something that if it is the same user as in 11.10 will not work to login. I've created a new user and delete the old one, eventhough i've lost all my settings.
    Bottom of line, can anyone please help me with some adivices ?

PS: My graphic card is an Ati Radeon and my Processor is from Intel (64bit).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Problem with the login after installation!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladze View Post
    Hello forum,

So, I've upgraded from 11.10 to 12.04 and now I have problems with the login (with the graphic interface).
    What I have done? : I've enter the password and hit enter, afterwards it stay like that (logging in). I can move my cursor or change things in the upper menu, even I can restart.
    Another strange thing is when I'm in this state (logging in...) if I hit left or right arrow the password field just resets, but after this I cannot type anything in the password field.
    Other thing, with the combination Ctrl+Alt+F1... I can login.
    In 11.10 all were fine, but I have found something that if it is the same user as in 11.10 will not work to login. I've created a new user and delete the old one, eventhough i've lost all my settings.
    Bottom of line, can anyone please help me with some adivices ?

PS: My graphic card is an Ati Radeon and my Processor is from Intel (64bit).
    Hello there lets see if we can fix this up

We are going to have to work from tty1 or in other words press ctrl+alt+f1 and sign in.

Now you have to install a program so that we can get information from you.

Code:
    sudo apt-get --yes install pastebinit
    after installed lets get some info (I also had this happen to me when testing alpha 12.04 from dec--> feb)

Code:
    touch ~/.logaroo && dpkg-query -l | grep -e linux-image -e lightdm -e unity > ~/.logaroo && apt-cache policy dump lightdm >>~/.logaroo && lspci -nn |grep VGA >> ~/.logaroo && lsmod >>~/.logaroo && cat ~/.logaroo | pastebinit  && rm ~/.logaroo

then let us see the link
    Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority

Beans

http://paste.ubuntu.com/954598/ and thank you very much for the quick answer

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Bump!
    It's not what you know but who you know!

Beans

Hey guys,

I have the same problem and did some more research. Didn't find a solution, but I collected all my findings in this thread:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...4#post11887414

Let's move there and try to work on a fix together.

Beans

as is said here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1967945&page=2
    installing gdm helped me to login from the GUI interface.
    Thanks a lot guys!

Beans

Make It Happen

Jalan Menuju Kebenaran dimulai di sini : http://a.roadtrue.comAnda dapat mempublikasikan link Anda di halaman "situs Anda".