Hi there, about a month ago I did a fresh install of Kubuntu 11.10, did the updates that the systems recommended and everything was ok with the sound, but suddenly one day I turned on my computer and there was no sound at all (this happened like 2 weeks ago).
Yesterday I upgraded to Kubuntu 12.04 to see if sound would magically start working again, but nothing happened, so I decided to do a fresh Install of it, and sound worked great. Once again, I updated some packages that were recommended, reboot a couple of times and sound worked fine. But today I turned on my computer and found that there was no sound again.
This is what I have tried so far (in kubuntu 11.10, and 12.04):
- There is nothing muted, kmix and alsamixer are both no-muted
- Sound works great in Windows, and in a live cd of kubuntu 12.04
- I remove ~/.pulse and ~/.pulse-cookie and then reboot, but nothing happens
- I have a soundblaster audigy SE
- In Kubuntu 11.11 I tried using olders kernels that were listed in grub, but none had sound (in Kubuntu 12.04 I only see one kernel)
- This is my alsa information: http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=d9...44a1503a5fa015
- I have an onboard sound card, but its not ativated (I deactivated in the BIOS)
- I tried to reload alsa with
but still no sound.Code:sudo alsa force-reload
Any ideas of how to start troubleshooting my problem?