Thread: Undefined resource with make

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Undefined resource with make

REPOSTED IN: Packaging and Compiling. THIS CAN BE DELETED. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO, OR IF I CAN. THANK YOU FOR LOOKING.

Hi - I was trying to install software (dfu-programmer) from source to fix my arduino:http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/to...html#msg692355. It is from source so that I can change it for my 16u2 instead of 8u2.

THE PROBLEM: I think I modified the source OK, but after I
    Code:
    ./boostrap.sh
    and
    Code:
    ./configure
    , and then try to
    Code:
    make
    I get errors:

Code:
    dfu.o: In function `dfu_device_init':
    /home/paul/Desktop/dfu-programmer-0.5.4/src/dfu.c:419: undefined reference to `libusb_claim_interface'
    /home/paul/Desktop/dfu-programmer-0.5.4/src/dfu.c:436: undefined reference to `libusb_release_interface'
    /home/paul/Desktop/dfu-programmer-0.5.4/src/dfu.c:426: undefined reference to `libusb_free_device_list'
    dfu.o: In function `dfu_make_idle':
    /home/paul/Desktop/dfu-programmer-0.5.4/src/dfu.c:814: undefined reference to `libusb_reset_device'
    dfu.o: In function `dfu_device_init':
    /home/paul/Desktop/dfu-programmer-0.5.4/src/dfu.c:431: undefined reference to `libusb_free_device_list'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [dfu-programmer] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/paul/Desktop/dfu-programmer-0.5.4/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/paul/Desktop/dfu-programmer-0.5.4'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    When searching online for an answer I think it might have something to do with headers or linking or pkg-config. I don't have much experience with C (if it's even the issue- the file extensions in the folder have .c and .h). In case this helps you help me:
    Code:
    paul@paul-laptop:~/Desktop/dfu-programmer-0.5.4$ pkg-config --cflags libusb-1.0
    -I/usr/include/libusb-1.0  
    paul@paul-laptop:~/Desktop/dfu-programmer-0.5.4$ pkg-config --libs libusb-1.0

-lusb-1.0

I spent hours try to get my board working yesterday. I even tried using Windows. Does anyone know what's going on with the
    Code:
    make
    ?

Thank you.
    Last edited by enabulator; April 28th, 2012 at 09:58 PM.