Thread: Network servers

Beans

Network servers

I installed the program "Advanced Perfrences " and after I insalled it I chose to let the icon Network Servers" be seen on the Desktop. Once I clicked through Network servers, I got into contact with my Windows 7 machine on the network. However it is asking for a pass word. I have not idea how to determine what the password is. Can anyone tell me how to determine what my windowns password that it asks for after clicking on work group? Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Network servers

Quote Originally Posted by mr best buy View Post
    I installed the program "Advanced Perfrences " and after I insalled it I chose to let the icon Network Servers" be seen on the Desktop. Once I clicked through Network servers, I got into contact with my Windows 7 machine on the network. However it is asking for a pass word. I have not idea how to determine what the password is. Can anyone tell me how to determine what my windowns password that it asks for after clicking on work group? Thanks
    Are you using homegroups on windows 7?
    Have you tried using your windows 7 username/password?
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.