Thread: Ubuntu 12.04: DeVeDe built DVD has invisible/black menu

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ubuntu 12.04: DeVeDe built DVD has invisible/black menu

Hi,

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and have built a DVD with a custom menu in DeVeDe (v3.21.0).
    Unfortunately, the menu is completely dark. I know it is there because I can hear the background music and also I can use the menu entries, because I know where they should appear. The playback of the video is flawless however.

Burning the iso image and watching it on my dvd player also results in a black menu.

I was using ffmpeg for encoding (standard option in DeVeDe nowdays I believe).

Changing to mencoder instead, produces a DVD where the menu IS displayed correctly, however, there is a slight stutter throughout the playback of the DVD that is big enough to render the watching an unpleasant experience.

Has anybody else experienced the same issue?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.
    Intel Core i7 860 2,8 GHz - 8 GB DDR3 - 1,5 TB SATA 3G - nVidia GeForce GTX 260 1,8 GB - Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Beans
    Distro

Re: Ubuntu 12.04: DeVeDe built DVD has invisible/black menu

I am starting to realize that my topic might be more appropriate for the "Multimedia & Video" subforum. Could anyone of the mods move my thread there?

Thank you in advance.
    Intel Core i7 860 2,8 GHz - 8 GB DDR3 - 1,5 TB SATA 3G - nVidia GeForce GTX 260 1,8 GB - Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Beans
    Distro

bump

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.10 Kinetic Kudu

Have you set a theme in System settings/Appearance? Mine was blank when I installed 12.04 and I had this problem with the terminal.

Beans
    Distro

Hi habana, thank you for your reply.

I have set a new theme (not from Settings-Appearance but from Ubuntu Tweak, but still) yes.
    Do you think this might be a cause? The weird think is that the menu works perfectly when I use mencoder as the backend, weird!

I seem to be experiencing the same problem as described here:

http://groups.google.com/group/deved...87b2841c520038

Any more info on this?

Thanks again!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.10 Kinetic Kudu

Hi veroslav

If the only appplication giving you this problem is DeVeDe then it is probably as noted on the DeVeDe forum. If it is happening with other programs (for example, try opening a terminal) then I suspect Ubuntu Tweak but I am no expert. I intend to try Ubuntu Tweak so I shall tread carefully!

Good luck!