Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Broadcom STA Wireless drivers not working on Acer aspire 5750G, Ubuntu 12.04

Beans

Re: Broadcom STA Wireless drivers not working on Acer aspire 5750G, Ubuntu 12.04

Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    Please download the file I've attached and transfer it on a USB drive or similar. Drag and drop it to the desktop of the Dell. Right-click it and select Extract Here. Now open a terminal and do:
    Code:
    sudo mkdir /lib/firmware/b43
    sudo cp Desktop/b43/*  /lib/firmware/b43
    sudo modprobe -r b43
    sudo modprobe b43
    Is it working now?
    Thanks you very much, this worked...Oh I tried it on the 12.04 and it worked. Do I need to this on every boot or its permanent?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Broadcom STA Wireless drivers not working on Acer aspire 5750G, Ubuntu 12.04

Do I need to this on every boot or its permanent?
    It's permanent. You should be all set, but if you have a problem, please post back and we'll be glad to help you.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

A known issue is that jockey; also known as Additional Drivers, suggests the wrong driver for a few Broadcom cards. Let's find out what you have and solve it. Please open a terminal and run and post:
    Code:
    lspci -nn | grep 0280
    The pipe symbol | is on the right side of my US keyboard on the same key with \. Thanks.
    I have the same problem, I ran that code above and got Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wirelesss LAN Controller [14e4:4727] (rev01).

By the way, how do you copy and paste in Ubuntu? Ctrl C and Ctrl V do not seem to have any effect. Nor do I see a menu bar to select copy or paste in the terminal.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by chunnel View Post
    I have the same problem, I ran that code above and got Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wirelesss LAN Controller [14e4:4727] (rev01).

By the way, how do you copy and paste in Ubuntu? Ctrl C and Ctrl V do not seem to have any effect. Nor do I see a menu bar to select copy or paste in the terminal.
    Please start a new thread; this one is getting old.

You simply highlight the text and right-click then select Copy. Please see attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

hi , i am also facing same problem , but in my side ethernet connection is also not working.
    please help me out this.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by sankalp84 View Post
    hi , i am also facing same problem , but in my side ethernet connection is also not working.
    please help me out this.

Thanks

Beans

You simply highlight the text and right-click then select Copy. Please see attached.
    Right click won't work in Ubuntu on my mousepad. I see no settings to change in Mousepad under System settings that could make it work.

Beans
    Distro

Right click won't work in Ubuntu on my mousepad.
    What sort of device is it? How do you paste then?

Beans

Smile Re: Broadcom STA Wireless drivers not working on Acer aspire 5750G, Ubuntu 12.04

Perfect!

With a temporary ethernet connection, please do:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall bcmwl-kernel-source
    After it's done, do:
    Code:
    sudo modprobe wl
    If there is no error or warning, your wireless should be working.
    Thanks!

Beans

I also am new to Ubuntu. This post helped me fix the same issue, so thank you for sharing this!

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast