Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solution for remote desktop login Ubuntu 12.04

Beans

Re: Solution for remote desktop login Ubuntu 12.04

remote desktop kernel version 12.4 huh?

Really the issue is, that no matter how it's configured, port 3389 needs to be opened on your router and your firewall, to allow outside clients access to your host. So on the router, port 3389 needs to be open with the i.p. address of your computer.

I've never really been a genius with rdp, once you have the settings configured in remote desktop viewer, you can try remotely connecting to your computer via the terminal, I believe with such a command "rdp 192.168.x.x;3389" assuming you have the 24 cidr and according subnet, basic class c address. Or you can try using the remote desktop viewer. Either way if the connection doesn't work, it's an issue with port forwarding and firewall security, most likely if you connected to the correct i.p. address.

Also is this from within a LAN or are you trying to remote in over a WAN like through a VPN. Either way this is out of my league, but hopefully this info, as well as all the info provided by everyone else, gets you in the right direction

Beans

Hi ,

Try the below link solution :

http://forums.esds.co.in/f4/access-u...tead-vnc-4617/

It will help you...

Thanks,
    Purushottam Aher

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by quang777 View Post
    Anyone get xrdp to work with copy and paste? From my Win7 PC, if I try running vncconfig to enable copy/paste, it disconnects me. I can resume my session, but copy and paste still doesn't work.
    i'm not coming in from w7 but instead vista... using kubuntu 12.04.03 with one large update... using xRDP and then connecting with the vista RDP client... needing to copy/cut and paste from vista into the rdp session... did you find an answer for your situation from w7? it may help me with mine and vista... perhaps a setting somewhere??

thanks!

Beans

What did you do?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by darknuts View Post
    Oh never-mind. I figured it out. dconf editor did the trick.
    What did you do?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12