Thread: Central speaker playing the subwoofer sound, and subwoofer playing central speaker so

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Central speaker playing the subwoofer sound, and subwoofer playing central speaker so

I've a C-Media sound card - CM8738 and 5.1 speakers. Everything seems to work pretty good, but there is a pain in the *** - two speakers are mixed - subwoofer is a central speaker, and central speaker is a subwoofer for Ubuntu. My question is how to solve this?

Beans

Re: Central speaker playing the subwoofer sound, and subwoofer playing central speake

Beans
    Distro

Re: Central speaker playing the subwoofer sound, and subwoofer playing central speake

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Download https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archiv...ecise_i386.deb

And at a cli or alt-f2 run hda-jack-retask (As a regular user, don't need sudo). Select your sound card and override the pins. Apply the configuration, then in about 30 seconds go into the mixer and see if it works. If so, set it as boot default. I have to enable my subwoofer this way in my laptop. I just email'd the audio development team to see how they want to handle cases like this (Just over ride on systems that are wrong or submit a bug report if they think they can improve the auto-parser.)

Beans
    Distro

Unfortunately it shows:
    No codecs found. Sorry

It's C-Media sound card, and I guess this software is only for Intel cards.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

It's an older Intel AC97 codec, not Intel HDA which is 2005 and newer chips but yours is a lot older than that. That's why the utility didn't work.

Take a look starting here. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1905333 You need to remap your channels.