Thread: Ubuntu One not working after 12.04

Beans

Ubuntu One not working after 12.04

Hey guys,
    Today I upgraded my ubuntu system to 12.04
    Now, when I open u1, I get a notification which says "video.mp4 is being is being downloaded to your computer". I wait a lot of time (the video is just 5MB) but still, nothing happens.
    The u1 client constantly says "File Sync is in Progress".
    I tried reinstalling u1 but nothing happens.

Thank you guys if you can try to help me and sorry if there is a similar post but I've being trying to find a solution for more than an hour at many forums but nothing happens.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu One not working after 12.04

Unfortunately I'm having the same problem. The music I purchased last fall from Ubuntu One doesn't download at all. The Ubuntu One folder does sync properly, however.

Beans

Same here, in 5 hours it's downloaded around 0.5 MB, and it's the same story on two different systems, I hope they fix this soon

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Surely this must be a problem of temporary overload of the servers? I have almost nothing on U1 (a few docs) but it works as it should.

Beans

I keep seeing the message "abc.xyz and your other 199 files are currently being downloaded to your computer" notification message. Yet all my Ubuntu One subfolders are empty and have the "synced" checkmark icon on them. Is this the same symptom as you guys or is it a different issue?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by neilhuang View Post
    I keep seeing the message "abc.xyz and your other 199 files are currently being downloaded to your computer" notification message. Yet all my Ubuntu One subfolders are empty and have the "synced" checkmark icon on them. Is this the same symptom as you guys or is it a different issue?
    Same issue here, although the files are arriving, just extremely slowly (approx 2.5 MB in 10 hours yesterday). It's not just affecting 12.04 users though, a couple of friends still on 11.10 have been experiencing the same issue since Friday.

Beans

Just a 'me too'. They seem to be having major issues, which is a pain because I just purchased a bucket load of storage space to backup my photos.

I keep getting timeouts, and at best, very, very slow (unusable) speeds. I am on 12.04LTS, but I really don't think the OS matters, seems like an infrastructure problem.

Beans

I never logged in Ubuntu One since upgraded to 12.04

Does anyone have an idea or solution for this?

Beans

I'm pretty sure this issue is resolved now, it is for everyone I know who was affected anyway. Mine actually synced faster than ever yesterday, I'm so impressed I'm considering adding some paid storage!

Beans

It is now uploading my files fine. Still a bit slow but speeds seem to be improving again.