Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Issues with 'make'

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Issues with 'make'

That's right. You can use any text editor -- gedit, nano, vi, etc.

Just make a file in the same directory as configure.ac, call it autogen.sh and copy/paste paste the stuff I showed. By default, scripts like this are not executable, hence this step:

Code:
    $ chmod +x autogen.sh
    To run a script from the current directory, you prefix with './', which means current directory.

Code:
    $ ./autogen.sh
    In all cases, you don't type the '$' sign -- that's your command prompt.

I tested this on Ubuntu 12.04, by the way, not on Lubuntu. But it should work the same. Follow the steps and you should be OK but let me know if you get errors.

Beans

Thanks for all your help.

The installation seemed to go fine...well, I didn't recieve any errors anyway.

However, after rebooting, and double checkings the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, the driver does not seem to actually be working (i.e. I can't scroll).

Anythoughts?

Thanks,
    Nick

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Could you confirm the installation was OK by checking that you have the following two files:

Code:
    /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/input/mtrack_drv.la
    /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/input/mtrack_drv.so
    I don't know anything about the program itself -- just how to compile it. I'm assuming you did the required setup in xorg.conf?

If you have the driver installed and it's not working, you should probably open another question in General Help, or perhaps in Apple Users? There's already a thread going in there about the MacBook Air.

Beans

It appears to have installed, as both of the files you mentioned are there. Also, I was able to find the configuration file mentioned in the post, so it should be good to go.

I'll start a new thread in the macbook section and see what I can figure out there.

Thanks for your help.

Nick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12