Thread: Account and data deletion

Hybrid View

Beans

Account and data deletion

Why is it not possible to completely remove an account on this forum?
    This is something that has rightfully been demanded (and implemented) from well known sites like Google or Facebook and a refusal to not comply with a deletiion request constitutes a legal offence in many countries.
    Where is this site legally hosted anyways?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Account and data deletion

Because it causes problems in our data base when we delete things and when you posted the information falls under CC license.

All public forum data is released under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License and should be attributed to The Ubuntu Forums (ubuntuforums.org).
    http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy

http://creativecommons.org/
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    Because it causes problems in our data base when we delete things
    It should be not problem to fix the software so that no problems are caused. It has been done with far more complex sites that do handle deletion requests.
    and when you posted the information falls under CC license.
    The license does nowhere prevent anyone who is asked to delete an account to follow that request.

I find the attitude to just not do what users ask you and not delete their data rather unfriendly and quite frankly, also ethically questionable.
    As can seen by countless requests in this forum, many users do not seem to be aware of this either.

I would still like to know where this site is hosted so it can be known which country and state laws apply. Unfortunately this is not stated anywhere on the page you linked or anywhere I looked either.

So the only ones who are able to get their posts deleted are spammers, harassers and other rule violaters why you choose to ignore requests from anyone else.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I take your last post as evidence that you do not agree to the Ubuntu Forums terms of service and policies.

I have therefore disabled your account, good luck to you with other online communities.

If I made this change to your account in error, feel free to contact the Forums council and indicate your willingness to abide by the Ubuntu Forums terms of service and policies.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface