Re: Ubuntu 12.04 lts Hp touchpad right click problem

Works with Hp-Probook 4525s.
    Thank you #18

Beans

Worked like a charm! Appreciate, tomkear2006

Beans

Works on HP Mini 210, 32-bit Lubuntu. Thanks!
    Any chance this could go into the build? While the patch is most appreciated, it would be less frustrating if we didn't have to look for it here...

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by DerHerrMigo View Post
    Works on HP Mini 210, 32-bit Lubuntu. Thanks!
    Any chance this could go into the build? While the patch is most appreciated, it would be less frustrating if we didn't have to look for it here...
    I'd be very pleased if it made it into the main Linux Kernel, but I'm not sure of a few things:

1) If it breaks mouse functionality on any other hardware.
    2) How to go about submitting the patch for review/acceptance.

Cheers,
    TK

Beans

It's working w/o any issues. Thanks Tk!!

Beans

Works perfectly on my HP Folio 13. Thanks so much!

Beans

Hi,

This patch works on my HP DM-1 touchpad in making right click available but it seems as if my touchpad is devided into 3 areas horizontally so that when I click the pad in the first third I get a left button response, 2nd third middle button and last third right button. This makes it difficult to use as I frequently get a middle button response when I want left. For example it closes tabs in firefox rather than selecting it (annoying as this is the exact opposite of what I want! . I have tried vaious settings for:
    TapButton1
    TapButton2
    TapButton3
    ClickFinger1
    ClickFinger2
    ClickFinger3
    SoftButtonAreas

But nothing seems to change the way this is layed out. What I want is to have the button areas at the bottom of the pad clearly the left and right click areas and then when I click anywhere else I get a left click response.

Has any one else seen this? Any tips?
    Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by earthwormgym View Post
    Hi,

This patch works on my HP DM-1 touchpad in making right click available but it seems as if my touchpad is devided into 3 areas horizontally so that when I click the pad in the first third I get a left button response, 2nd third middle button and last third right button. This makes it difficult to use as I frequently get a middle button response when I want left. For example it closes tabs in firefox rather than selecting it (annoying as this is the exact opposite of what I want! . I have tried vaious settings for:
    TapButton1
    TapButton2
    TapButton3
    ClickFinger1
    ClickFinger2
    ClickFinger3
    SoftButtonAreas

But nothing seems to change the way this is layed out. What I want is to have the button areas at the bottom of the pad clearly the left and right click areas and then when I click anywhere else I get a left click response.

Has any one else seen this? Any tips?
    Thanks
    Hi earthwormgym,

That is exactly how the patch is working, its taking the width of the pad from the firmware, taking the left section as the left button, right section as the right button and anything in the middle as the middle button. However it should be divided vertically, not horizontally so I'm not sure what's happening there!?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Quote Originally Posted by tomkear2006 View Post
    As promised I have attached my mouse driver patch for kernel 3.2.0-24-generic-pae. I am using this patch myself but I only just finished tinkering with it so I can't promise anything regarding reliability or whether the patch will work for other people. Hopefully it will help some people out!

1. Download the attached file to your computers desktop
    2. sudo apt-get install dkms build-essential
    3. cd ~/Desktop
    4. tar jxvf psmouse-3.2.0-24-generic-pae.tar.bz2
    5. sudo mv psmouse-3.2.0-24-generic-pae /usr/src
    6. cd /usr/src
    7. sudo chmod -R a+rx psmouse-3.2.0-24-generic-pae
    8. sudo dkms add -m psmouse -v 3.2.0-24-generic-pae
    9. sudo dkms build -m psmouse -v 3.2.0-24-generic-pae
    10. sudo dkms install -m psmouse -v 3.2.0-24-generic-pae
    11. sudo modprobe -r psmouse
    12. sudo modprobe psmouse
    13. sudo dkms status

The output of the last command should look similar to this (with no errors):
    "psmouse, 3.2.0-24-generic-pae, 3.2.0-24-generic-pae, i686: installed"

No need to restart the computer as the driver is now loaded and the mouse should be working, including the hardware right button.
    Thanks for the share. This worked for me!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tomkear2006 View Post
    Hi earthwormgym,

That is exactly how the patch is working, its taking the width of the pad from the firmware, taking the left section as the left button, right section as the right button and anything in the middle as the middle button. However it should be divided vertically, not horizontally so I'm not sure what's happening there!?
    Thanks for getting back to me. It's devided up vertically not horizontally as I first said.

What I'd like ideally is to only have the buttons section devided into left and right buttons (no middle button) and have the rest of the pad as a left button. Failing that just being able to get rid of the middle button would be good. Is there any way to configure how it is devided?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast