Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 lts Hp touchpad right click problem

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 lts Hp touchpad right click problem

Quote Originally Posted by SimonBugs View Post
    Using the patch on a 64 bits Sony Vaio 1311, it works!

2 problems:

- when you rest your thumb on a button (not clicking), the mousepad is not usable. In Windows this does work.
    - When you click left and have your finger on the right side of the pad, it clicks right. Perhaps make a patch which only detects the button position if area is within the AreaBottomEdge ?
    I second those problems.
    It seems to me that the driver is programmed to rightclick whenever it detects a click and a finger on the whole of the right side of the touchpad.
    I'm currently using a lenovo z380 with a synaptics touchpad that has no physical buttons except for the whole of the touchpad itself(similer to the macbook but poorer quality)
    Basically what i feel that this driver needs is to seperate not only on the X Axis but also on the Y. Meaning that any click above a certain line(the virtual button line) will count as a left click.
    Also while writing this comment now I noticed that there's a very fine line of a middle button click that is for some reason assigned to pasting.
    I would try to work on the source myself but I've only just started the dabble in linux and have absolutely no idea how as of this moment =]
    I'd love to help in any other way I can though.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by manumann View Post
    http://sehajmann.com/hd-dvd-and-blu-ray/
    lts Hp touchpad right click problem
    Ehm, what?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by MooMinIL View Post
    I second those problems.
    It seems to me that the driver is programmed to rightclick whenever it detects a click and a finger on the whole of the right side of the touchpad.
    I'm currently using a lenovo z380 with a synaptics touchpad that has no physical buttons except for the whole of the touchpad itself(similer to the macbook but poorer quality)
    Basically what i feel that this driver needs is to seperate not only on the X Axis but also on the Y. Meaning that any click above a certain line(the virtual button line) will count as a left click.
    Also while writing this comment now I noticed that there's a very fine line of a middle button click that is for some reason assigned to pasting.
    I would try to work on the source myself but I've only just started the dabble in linux and have absolutely no idea how as of this moment =]
    I'd love to help in any other way I can though.
    There are loads of possibilities for tweaks and changes but for me the right click is usable now. Anyone who is interested in modifying the source is free to do so as all relevant files are included in the .tar.bz2 file.

It might be worth noting that the right click works for me without needing a patch on a bang up-to-date Debian Sid system. Hopefully there will be no need to make any changes with upcoming kernel releases.

Beans
    Hidden!

This post is to draw everything into once place. Partly to help people looking for this patch and partly so I can keep better track myself lol.

I have attached all the patch files that I have done for Ubuntu 12.04 to this post and will remove from elsewhere a link here (I think I can do that). All these patches are the same, the only difference is the version number, so that it doesn't cause any problems when installing against a different kernel version.

Once the patch is installed it can be left alone, no need to do anything when you get a kernel installed as it is updated automatically.

I have been using this patch myself and have had no issues with it. Many people have contacted me or posted on this thread confirming it works on other laptops but it was put together specifically for the HP Mini 210...you may find success on other laptops too

When using the commands below replace <VERSION> with the relevant version number you are trying to installed, for example for version 3.2.0-24, use psmouse-3.2.0-24-generic-pae

Code:
    To install the patch:

1. Download the attached file to your computers desktop
    2. sudo apt-get install dkms build-essential
    3. cd ~/Desktop
    4. tar jxvf psmouse-<VERSION>-generic-pae.tar.bz2
    5. sudo mv psmouse-<VERSION>-generic-pae /usr/src
    6. cd /usr/src
    7. sudo chmod -R a+rx psmouse-<VERSION>-generic-pae
    8. sudo dkms add -m psmouse -v <VERSION>-generic-pae
    9. sudo dkms build -m psmouse -v <VERSION>-generic-pae
    10. sudo dkms install -m psmouse -v <VERSION>-generic-pae
    11. sudo modprobe -r psmouse
    12. sudo modprobe psmouse
    13. sudo dkms status
    The output of the last command should look similar to this (with no errors):
    Code:
    "psmouse, 3.2.0-24-generic-pae, 3.2.0-24-generic-pae, i686: installed"
    No need to restart the computer as the driver is now loaded and the mouse should be working, including the hardware right button.

Code:
    To uninstall the patch:

1. sudo dkms uninstall -m psmouse -v <VERSION>-generic-pae
    2. sudo dkms remove -m psmouse -v <VERSION>-generic-pae --all
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

HP mini, running xubuntu - 3.2.0-31-generic (i686)

works perfectly, thanks very much.

Beans

HP Envy 14, Linux Mint 13 - kernel version 3.2.0-23

Works like a charm, thank you very much.8)

Beans

Anything for kernel 3.2.0-31?

Thank you

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by l4c View Post
    Anything for kernel 3.2.0-31?

Thank you
    Here

Follow the instructions in post #124 of this thread.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AnotherMuggle; October 3rd, 2012 at 08:03 PM.

Beans

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately it didn't work for my ASUS K55VM-SX083VF laptop.

Thanks anyway

Beans

Wink Re: Ubuntu 12.04 lts Hp touchpad right click problem

HP Probook 4520s, Ubuntu 12.04.1 with kernel 3.2.0-31
    Works perfectly, thank you very much

UPDATE: after kernel update to 3.2.0-32 still works perfectly
    Last edited by pheonone; October 12th, 2012 at 12:11 PM.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast