Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 162

Thread: Netgear WNA3100 issues

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Beans
    1

    Re: Netgear WNA3100 issues

    Hi guys,

    thank you so much for your help.
    I was able to install 64bit driver on Ubuntu 12.04 64bit

    I downloaded the driver from the link below and followed your instructions
    http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=97610

    Thanks again
    Ciao

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    31

    Re: Netgear WNA3100 issues

    Oasix, you have internet with your 64bit system now?
    Thats pretty remarkable, well done on getting it to work.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    31

    Re: Netgear WNA3100 issues

    I know I probably shouldn't ask a further question on this thread, but I have a new kernel and when I run
    Code:
    sudo modprobe ndiswrapper
    to connect to the net it says
    Code:
    FATAL: Module ndiswrapper not found.
    now with some of the older kernels I could just copy the ndiswrapper.ko file from the directory and put it in the corresponding place in the new kernel i.e. /lib/modules/KERNEL_NAME/misc/ndiswrapper.ko and it would work....But with the newer kernels it doesn't work. Is there a way to get modprobe to find ndiswrapper?

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Carolina, USA
    Beans
    20,554
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

    Re: Netgear WNA3100 issues

    Quote Originally Posted by mathsgeek View Post
    I know I probably shouldn't ask a further question on this thread, but I have a new kernel and when I run
    Code:
    sudo modprobe ndiswrapper
    to connect to the net it says
    Code:
    FATAL: Module ndiswrapper not found.
    now with some of the older kernels I could just copy the ndiswrapper.ko file from the directory and put it in the corresponding place in the new kernel i.e. /lib/modules/KERNEL_NAME/misc/ndiswrapper.ko and it would work....But with the newer kernels it doesn't work. Is there a way to get modprobe to find ndiswrapper?
    Please do:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install ndiswrapper-dkms
    sudo modprobe ndiswrapper
    Any improvement?
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    31

    Re: Netgear WNA3100 issues

    Recently, I upgraded to quantal quetzal, for the improved graphics drivers, after being told it was relatively stable.
    However, when I try to install ndiswrapper-dkms I get a compiler error:
    Code:
    /var/lib/dkms/ndiswrapper/1.57/build/ndis.c:2657:24: error: 'struct kernel_stat' has no member named 'cpustat'
    Should I build ndiswrapper-dkms from source?

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Carolina, USA
    Beans
    20,554
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

    Re: Netgear WNA3100 issues

    Quote Originally Posted by mathsgeek View Post
    Recently, I upgraded to quantal quetzal, for the improved graphics drivers, after being told it was relatively stable.
    However, when I try to install ndiswrapper-dkms I get a compiler error:
    Code:
    /var/lib/dkms/ndiswrapper/1.57/build/ndis.c:2657:24: error: 'struct kernel_stat' has no member named 'cpustat'
    Should I build ndiswrapper-dkms from source?
    I don't believe ndiswrapper is yet optimized for 12.10. So yes; build from source. If you need assistance, please post back.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    31

    Re: Netgear WNA3100 issues

    Hi,
    After some googling, I discovered that to build ndiswrapper-dkms from source is equivalent to building ndiswrapper from source, however I get teh same error as last time:
    Code:
     error: 'struct kernel_stat' has no member named 'cpustat'
    What should I do to circumvent this issue?

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Carolina, USA
    Beans
    20,554
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

    Re: Netgear WNA3100 issues

    Quote Originally Posted by mathsgeek View Post
    Hi,
    After some googling, I discovered that to build ndiswrapper-dkms from source is equivalent to building ndiswrapper from source, however I get teh same error as last time:
    Code:
     error: 'struct kernel_stat' has no member named 'cpustat'
    What should I do to circumvent this issue?
    Nothing, probably. I get:
    /home/chili/ndiswrapper-1.57/driver/ndis.c: In function ‘NdisGetCurrentProcessorCounts’:
    /home/chili/ndiswrapper-1.57/driver/ndis.c:2657:24: error: ‘struct kernel_stat’ has no member named ‘cpustat’
    /home/chili/ndiswrapper-1.57/driver/ndis.c:2658:31: error: ‘struct kernel_stat’ has no member named ‘cpustat’
    /home/chili/ndiswrapper-1.57/driver/ndis.c:2659:17: error: ‘struct kernel_stat’ has no member named ‘cpustat’
    make[3]: *** [/home/chili/ndiswrapper-1.57/driver/ndis.o] Error 1
    And I Google: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/1023645

    You'll probably have better luck with ndiswrapper-1.58rc1. It 'makes' for me without error or warning on kernel 3.4.0-030400-generic-pae.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    31

    Re: Netgear WNA3100 issues

    Thanks, 1.58rc1 now builds and I have installed it, and even better
    Code:
    sudo modprobe ndiswrapper
    doesn't throw any errors and I can now connect to the net... Thanks very much again for getting my 'stick sorted....

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Carolina, USA
    Beans
    20,554
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

    Re: Netgear WNA3100 issues

    Awesome! Glad it's working. You will have helped some searchers, too.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •