Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good By

Beans

Re: Good By

Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    Does one dare ask why you're moving on? Not saying that it's not a reasonable thing to do or not - I've thought about it myself. Just curious...
    Don't think answering that a good idea.

This is the end of a dev cycle. Should be a happy time for all testers so there is a FUN start at the tool chain.

Besides I don't think the thought police would like it.
    Dell 480 XPS 3G ram Quad Core 2.40GHz, Radeon HD 2400 PRO, Audigy1, 3x320G HDD, 320G External, Debian Testing for use, Debian Squeeze for secure use, Debian Sid for FUN

Beans

Good luck ranch hand, you've always been one of my favorites here!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    Farewell.

I wasn't unhappy to leave southeast Montana (except that there was some great muley hunting) when I got tired of poking cattle when it was 40 below and the like. I paused briefly in Billings to get a couple of degrees at EMC before I got that government job breaking things and killing people.

So long. You'll be sorely missed.
    Calving heifers, even in a fairly draft free calving room in February when stripped to the waste is not very warm. Well your arm is.

That several minutes after getting a calf pulled (good thing it doesn't need done often) when you are busy with the calf and its mother and can't get dressed are nasty.

Don't blame you for leaving. I love it.

And you are medicated for my protection. Always liked that.

I was, everywhere else I lived, average height or a hair over it. Here I am just down right short. Tall folks in Big Sky Country.
    Dell 480 XPS 3G ram Quad Core 2.40GHz, Radeon HD 2400 PRO, Audigy1, 3x320G HDD, 320G External, Debian Testing for use, Debian Squeeze for secure use, Debian Sid for FUN

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Adieu, ranch hand! You've always been my favorite mentor, even before I registered, here on UF.

There are only so many ways to divide your energies (don't we know) and you appear to be smitten by Debian, as of late, so it's appropriate that you concentrate on that community. Don't wanna spread yourself too thin...

Anyway, no matter. I can always harass my "Dutch Uncle" at the-other-place, when I feel the urge. LoL!

I know they're kidding. Those ppl really love me... bwahahahaha!
    Some may not but I know I miss you being around stirring things up.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VMC View Post
    Hope it wan't something I said or didn't say

Actually I missed all your post. Recently I noticed you were winding down. Wasn't sure why though. Still don't know.

We have lost some good folks such as yourself. I enjoyed your humor and directness!

Take care.
    Not a chance in the world KeyBoard Man. Not a chance.

Nope, should probably gone with the others. Just too many old "friends" here.

Beans

Adiós ranch!
    Control is a wonderful thing ... but only if you have your own.
    LM13 with MATE DE on:
    BioStar MCP6P-M2 Motherboard * NVIDIA GeForce 6150/nForce 430 Video * AMD Sempron LE1100 1.9GHZ CPU * 2GB RAM * 160 GB SATA2 HD * 320 GB IDE HD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by ranch hand View Post
    You are on the list of folks, much too long to post, that I will miss a lot.
    We will read each other... I'm sure... I know where to find Your posts... You made me blush...

Beans
    Hidden!

Take care "ranch hand"; maybe even come back and just visit on the IRC.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123