Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Automatic Login

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Automatic Login

A fresh install sounds like a good idea. I would get the freshest daily build.

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    A fresh install sounds like a good idea. I would get the freshest daily build.

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/
    I think I will wait until final release, which will be tomorrow from what I understand from this thread? Thanks Cavsfan.

I am still happy to help if someone thinks it could possibly be a bug or anything, although it is nearly sleep time over here.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Lokie538 View Post
    I think I will wait until final release, which will be tomorrow from what I understand from this thread? Thanks Cavsfan.

I am still happy to help if someone thinks it could possibly be a bug or anything, although it is nearly sleep time over here.
    +1 on that idea!

I think I am going to wait until 12.04.1 comes out myself. I really like 10.04

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    +1 on that idea!

I think I am going to wait until 12.04.1 comes out myself. I really like 10.04
    Haha so you've mentioned a few times
    I'm still still a Ubuntu / linux noob. I've only tinkered in Ubuntu before, so I thought I would finally install it on a server at home to give it a go properly and get some more experience. At work I only ever used Centos which I like, although I only install software, change software configuration and diagnose minor network issues, still in no way linux experienced.
    I am looking forward to getting some experience in Ubuntu

Beans

Yes, all is well with my fresh install:

login.png

Please wait for the official release notice

BTW I needed this fresh install anyway, and I'll need to do many more over the next couple of weeks as I test and retest many things.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kansasnoob View Post
    Yes, all is well with my fresh install:

login.png

Please wait for the official release notice

BTW I needed this fresh install anyway, and I'll need to do many more over the next couple of weeks as I test and retest many things.
    So the diagnosis for my case is that It just isn't updated properly? I'm not sure why it isn't.....

Installed from this repo http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/ubun...ktop-amd64.iso
    and fully updated today... over 500mb of upgrades.....

Thanks for everyones help

Beans
    Distro

What is so great about this forum is that it is filled with knowledgeable people that are willing to help!
    I have been involved with computers all my life, first electronic maintenance of mainframes and other computers,
    then programming them. I had some basic knowledge of Linux before installing (dual boot) Ubuntu.

You learn a lot of things over time and much of it will come from this forum.
    Good Luck!

Beans
    Distro

So the diagnosis for my case is that It just isn't updated properly? I'm not sure why it isn't.....

Odd things sometimes happen during the development cycle. I've probably re-installed a dozen times since the first Alpha. It comes with the territory, and although sometimes you can sort out what's going on and fix it, sometimes it's easier and faster to simply reinstall and get a clean slate.

Deja-dup makes it quick and easy to save your personal settings and files and restore it all after a fresh install.

But tomorrow is the official release! I think Precise is going to be a great LTS release, whether you like Unity, Gnome Shell, Gnome Classic, or whatever.

Beans
    Distro

Is Gnome Classic pretty similar to Gnome 2 like on Lucid?

Beans

I don't understand it either, but I don't think that's a "trusted" download link.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast