Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No wireless connection

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: No wireless connection

I had similar problems and unfortunately found that the installation of the STA driver blocked or blacklisted the B43 one. I got round this by reinstalling and ignoring Additional Drivers and getting B43 Firmware Installer instead. After doing this and rebooting it detected the wifi.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: No wireless connection

There is no need to do a complete reinstall to remove the STA driver, just use:

Code:
    sudo apt-get purge bcmwl-kernel-source
    or install synaptic package manager, and mark the package for complete removal.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Red face Re: No wireless connection

You could try stickin' a ethernet wire in the butt-hole of the Router and the other end in the butt-hole of the computer, an if the woody stands to attention and you see the fan in your top-line then its tryin to get through. If this don't happen you could try re-installing it - this sometimes happens an' its just a testing of your patience cos sometimes some gizmo doesn't load properly. Anyway it works for me when I re-install it - the alternative is to upgrade it from your software manager - that often works quicker (Brandy is dandy but Liquor is quicker)! See ya an' good luck!
    Terabyte1

Non sibi sed omnibus = "Not for oneself but for all."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12