Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Forced to create password for administrator account

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    0

    Re: Forced to create password for administrator account

    Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    You can have your account as root.

    If you dont know how or the consequences of such then you shouldnt be using root IMO

    Peace
    Yeah, but I was actually thinking about having that choice during the wubi installer and during when you're starting up Ubuntu for the first time. It would be brilliant, 'cause... I feel that forcing things is a terrible thing to do.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The New Forest
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

    Re: Forced to create password for administrator account

    Quote Originally Posted by Time Light View Post
    Yeah, but I was actually thinking about having that choice during the wubi installer and during when you're starting up Ubuntu for the first time. It would be brilliant, 'cause... I feel that forcing things is a terrible thing to do.
    Why?

    To reinforce what you've done elsewhere?

    Did you read the answers you got on askubuntu for exactly the same question ? The answer is unlikely to be any different.
    Forum Social IRC Channel
    Xubuntu IRC Support
    Xubuntu Support

    Please do not PM me about Registration issues without having been asked to. I will tell you to post here

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadow Gallery
    Beans
    6,815

    Re: Forced to create password for administrator account

    Quote Originally Posted by Time Light View Post
    Yeah, but I was actually thinking about having that choice during the wubi installer and during when you're starting up Ubuntu for the first time. It would be brilliant, 'cause... I feel that forcing things is a terrible thing to do.
    Its not forced, you can do it if you know how.

    Same as other things people complain about like Unity or the default wallpaper, it is not forced and can be changed if you know how.

    The fact is logging in as root can be hazardous especially if web browsing, that being said it doesnt mean you cant.

    Like i said though if you dont know how to then there is even more reason not to which is exactly why Ubuntu chooses not to enable it by default.

    Peadce
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Beans
    0

    Re: Forced to create password for administrator account

    Quote Originally Posted by forestpiskie View Post
    Why?

    To reinforce what you've done elsewhere?

    Did you read the answers you got on askubuntu for exactly the same question ? The answer is unlikely to be any different.
    As soon as I read your post, I checked askubuntu and pretty much most of the answers are... as you say, unlikely to be any different. Though I may be new to Linux, I'm the only person that uses the computer... and I wouldn't mind someone else using it on my account if they're using it for a good reason, if one of my friends came over, which is not often.
    Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    Its not forced, you can do it if you know how.

    Same as other things people complain about like Unity or the default wallpaper, it is not forced and can be changed if you know how.

    The fact is logging in as root can be hazardous especially if web browsing, that being said it doesnt mean you cant.

    Like i said though if you dont know how to then there is even more reason not to which is exactly why Ubuntu chooses not to enable it by default.

    Peadce
    Yeah, I see what you mean, I wouldn't complain about the Unity or the default wallpaper. But of course, once I read up somewhere on how to login to root on the graphical interface, then I won't have to worry about the password anymore. After all, I really enjoy open source software and all of the free software, so I very much enjoy Ubuntu just as much as any open source software.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •